Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize how many chocolate bars they had!  I went to get the dark chocolate and orange one, but my hand went to the strawberries and yogurt.  It's delicious!  I like how they are wrapped in portions.

I also picked up some kale veggie burgers.  We're having those for dinner tomorrow.

I saw the memory foam mattress.  I'm amazed at how small that package is!  It would fit nicely in my micro-SUV.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

.. Enjoy the kale burgers!

Honored Contributor

HonnyBrown, just curious did you try lifting the mattress box?  They've made so many improvements maybe losing some of the weight is one of them . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

.. Enjoy the kale burgers!

Thank you!

I tried one today.  It's tasty, but not filling.  When I make it tomorrow, I'm going to top it with bacon.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

HonnyBrown, just curious did you try lifting the mattress box?  They've made so many improvements maybe losing some of the weight is one of them . . . Smiley Happy

I did!  I was able to move it, but not lift it with both hands. 

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I did!  I was able to move it, but not lift it with both hands. 

Thanks I was just curious if it was still hernia inducing . . . going to have to look up those kale burgers . . . hmmmmm . . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I also hated Aldi the first time I went.  I bought a few things on that trip since I was already there, but was positive I wouldn't be going back. I don't think I've ever been so wrong!   I go there almost every week. Sometimes I do not need to go, but they rotate their special buy items every week.  They have themed weeks. Where one week they feature unique Italian items, the next will be Asain far, then Tex-mex, then organic, then healthy eating, etc, etc (not necessarily in that order).   Sometimes I'll buy a different new item just to try, and am disappointed when it is gone the next time I go.   So I've learned to stock up on those special buy favorites the next time it comes around.

There are a handful of items I wouldn't buy again, and a few more that I used to like until they changed it. Like the zipper storage bags. The last time I bought those, the zipper did not want to zip, and did not stay closed even when the baggies were not full. The southen chicken also changed...still tastes okay, but they are half the size they used to be - too small to fit on a bun.  A tower fan I bought doesn't work very well. BUT, I'm there all the time, and most everything has been great.

I have to resist buying the caramel coconut cookies - they are just like the girl Scout Samoas cookies. If I'm not careful, I'll eat the whole box. Like everyone else...oh boy, that chocolate!   I have to forcemyself to step away from the stollens during the holidays.

If you don't get the ads in the mail, you can check their ads online. They have the current week up, and also a preview of whats on the way. The produce specials are only shown for the current week, though. Once in a while I hit the store at a bad time and they are stocking the shelves. I get a bit irritated on those days since I like to get in and out quickly.

Honored Contributor

Knock off Samoas at Aldi?  Check, added to the list . . . thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Thanks I was just curious if it was still hernia inducing . . . going to have to look up those kale burgers . . . hmmmmm . . . . Smiley Happy

It's definitely something I would have DH move.

The kale burgers would be a great side for a meat dish.  It might even be good on top of a burger!

Esteemed Contributor

@Timey Wimey wrote:

I also hated Aldi the first time I went.  I bought a few things on that trip since I was already there, but was positive I wouldn't be going back. I don't think I've ever been so wrong!   I go there almost every week. Sometimes I do not need to go, but they rotate their special buy items every week.  They have themed weeks. Where one week they feature unique Italian items, the next will be Asain far, then Tex-mex, then organic, then healthy eating, etc, etc (not necessarily in that order).   Sometimes I'll buy a different new item just to try, and am disappointed when it is gone the next time I go.   So I've learned to stock up on those special buy favorites the next time it comes around.

There are a handful of items I wouldn't buy again, and a few more that I used to like until they changed it. Like the zipper storage bags. The last time I bought those, the zipper did not want to zip, and did not stay closed even when the baggies were not full. The southen chicken also changed...still tastes okay, but they are half the size they used to be - too small to fit on a bun.  A tower fan I bought doesn't work very well. BUT, I'm there all the time, and most everything has been great.

I have to resist buying the caramel coconut cookies - they are just like the girl Scout Samoas cookies. If I'm not careful, I'll eat the whole box. Like everyone else...oh boy, that chocolate!   I have to forcemyself to step away from the stollens during the holidays.

If you don't get the ads in the mail, you can check their ads online. They have the current week up, and also a preview of whats on the way. The produce specials are only shown for the current week, though. Once in a while I hit the store at a bad time and they are stocking the shelves. I get a bit irritated on those days since I like to get in and out quickly.

The only thing I buy regularly is the little chicken.  I go Sundays after church and it isn't crowded.  Today, the carts were all messed up, so people were in the parking lot trading quarters for carts.

The only thing I've been disappointed with were the cheese crackers.  I thought they were fake Cheez Its and they weren't. 

And yeah...oh boy!  That chocolate!