Trusted Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

Here's a fun article about Aldi's:

http://www.iamthatlady.com/30-must-buy-items-at-aldi/

It wouldn't let me read the article unless I signed up for the newsletter. Smiley Sad

Smiley SurprisedSorry, I copied and pasted it here, from FB. It works for me. I don't know how to fix it for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

It wouldn't let me read the article unless I signed up for the newsletter. Smiley Sad

Smiley SurprisedSorry, I copied and pasted it here, from FB. It works for me. I don't know how to fix it for everyone.

It opened up fine for me.  NickNack, do you have a Facebook page?  Maybe that's the problem?

Great article, I love Aldi's.  Thanks for posting this!

Super Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

It opened up fine for me.  NickNack, do you have a Facebook page?  Maybe that's the problem?

Great article, I love Aldi's.  Thanks for posting this!

Yes, I have a Facebook page.  It opened the article but then it posted something about signing up for the newsletter.  It wouldn't let me scroll down any further or click out of the thing asking me to sign up.  Oh well.  I'm on my Mac.  Maybe I'll go try it from my other computer and see what happens.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

Well, I just tried again on the same computer and it let me read the article.  It's strange that the pop up happened the first time.  Thanks for posting the article.  We have an Aldi's and I've never been.  I've been thinking I should go.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

I was reading the comments that people made below the article.  One person said that Aldi's is a sister store to Trader Joe's.  I thought that was interesting.  I wonder if some of the items that Trader Joe's carries are the same as Aldi's with a different label.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

NickNack, yes Trader Joe's and Aldi's are sister companies and they do have several, similar items.  Whether they are identical and/or made by the same manufacturer I do not know but I think you get great value from each store.

As you probably have read, Aldi's is a bit different from other stores (cash/debit cards only, you have to bring your own bags and bag your own items, you will need a quarter in order to use the shopping carts but you get it back when you leave).  I enjoy shopping at both and you will save money at Aldi's.

The thing with Ald's is that it really depends on the manager of the store.  All of the ones by me are clean, well stocked and well run but many people have said theirs are not and it does make a big difference.

I hope if you do have a moment, try it and see what you think.  Sometimes it takes a trip or two to decide but most people do end up shopping there rather often.

Esteemed Contributor

You made some very good points about Aldi's, mtc.

First about the store management: the two stores I went into were night and day.  The first one, which soured me toward Aldi's was junky and crowded and had layers of frost in the freezer.  The second one was the exact opposite.

I don't think TJs and Aldi's are sister companies; their owners are siblings from what I understand.  They offer similar items, but so do most grocery stores.

Yes, you will save money at Aldi's!  I actually paid $10 for a whole chicken on Saturday!  It was $2.99/lb and on sale.  At Aldi's, the bird would have been $5.

How do you do returns?  I need to return a surge protector that I bought on Sunday.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

For returns, I just bring the item and receipt to a cashier-No problem!

Esteemed Contributor

Okay lacey, thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I made the return with no problems.

Last Sunday, I bought a surge protector.  It was a square one that plugged into the wall.  When I opened it, I realized it wasn't for a standard outlet.

When I went in today, I got a little chicken, went to the register and made the return and bought the little chicken.

No separate lines, no issues.