Trusted Contributor

Speaking of Cookie Butter, I went to Trader Joe's on Sunday and they were giving out samples of Cookie Butter cream cheese and they served it with a cinnamon graham cracker!

OMG! It should be illegal it was so good! They also had Cookie Butter small cheescake bites in the dessert case. Guess what items jumped into my cart!

Honored Contributor

Cookie butter cream cheese?  Oh no . . . guess who's going to TJ's today . . . thanks for the head's up on that!

Contributor

Wish there was an Aldi's in my town.  I go there for my mother when I am home visiting her and I really like that store.  After you get used to their concept, it is great and I haven't had any bad products.  Great prices on produce!!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Speaking of Cookie Butter, I went to Trader Joe's on Sunday and they were giving out samples of Cookie Butter cream cheese and they served it with a cinnamon graham cracker!

OMG! It should be illegal it was so good! They also had Cookie Butter small cheescake bites in the dessert case. Guess what items jumped into my cart!

Mission accomplished . . . I snagged both the Cookie Butter Cream Cheese and the Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bites . . . YUM!

Respected Contributor
Making a trip to Aldi's tomorrow, mainly for the Mum plants $4.99, I've had very good luck with all their plants & their prices are great, my yard is abloom with Aldi's flowers. The chocolate bars are to die for.
Esteemed Contributor

I was in the area of the first Aldi's I went to, the one that soured me on the store.  Now that I am used to Aldi's, it wasn't as bad as I originally portrayed.

I went there with a shopping list based on the circular.  I didn't see the big box of K-Cups, so I asked.  That lady went above and beyond!  Not only did she look where the Weekly Special items are located, but she looked through several circulars.  I told her I saw it on the BlackBerry app, and she told me not to trust the apps or the website.  She said to look in the mail, local papers and pick up the flyers from the stores.

I picked up 2 jars of Cookie Butter (yes, mtc, I am so loving your Trader Joe's Cookie Butter finds!), Aldi's Oxi for the laundry and grocery items. 

I bought a pack of green bell peppers on Sunday.  I don't refrigerate them.  When I went to use one, it had rotted and fruit flies were in the bowl.  When I say rotted, I picked it up and one side disinegrated into liquid.  I put out an empty bottle of wine to trap the fruit flies.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Mission accomplished . . . I snagged both the Cookie Butter Cream Cheese and the Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bites . . . YUM!

I'm so fascinated, I don't know what to say!  Other than the big spoon, do you have any plans for the cream cheese?  Like a Cookie Butter Cream Cheesecake?

Oh, never mind...I gues you won't need that!

Esteemed Contributor

@spix wrote:
Making a trip to Aldi's tomorrow, mainly for the Mum plants $4.99, I've had very good luck with all their plants & their prices are great, my yard is abloom with Aldi's flowers. The chocolate bars are to die for.

spix, I'm not good with plants, but I bought a succulent garden a few weeks ago.  It's in a sunny window, and it is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I'm so fascinated, I don't know what to say!  Other than the big spoon, do you have any plans for the cream cheese?  Like a Cookie Butter Cream Cheesecake?

Oh, never mind...I gues you won't need that!

This is why I am such a tub of lard . . . I bought Pepperridge Farm Chocolate Chip swirl bread and S. Rosens Maple Streussel swirl bread . . . and then I am going to have the nerve to smear the Cookie Butter cream cheese on them . . . may as well call the paramedics right now . . . Smiley Wink

And ps, the Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bites are just ok . . . maybe I should let them thaw out a little before I inhale them . . . yep, could be user error . . . 

Respected Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@spix wrote:

spix, I'm not good with plants, but I bought a succulent garden a few weeks ago.  It's in a sunny window, and it is beautiful!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Honny, I got 2 mum plants & they are gorgeous, I have many of their potted plants in my yard, they're not hard to keep, & do very well, their begonia's are stupendous, really show stoppers in my yard & I DON"T have a green thumb, just water & enjoy! The succulent garden sounds wonderful, sorry I missed that