Valued Contributor

#mtc they pack a punch with flavor.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

#mtc they pack a punch with flavor.

Perfect @Chicagoan, I hope they are there when I swing by on Saturday . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I picked the risotto with butternut squash on clearance for $1.49 (1/2 price) and it was a big hit at dinner! I'm going to try another store to see if they have any more!

and, I bought their version of a Shark Vacuum a few weeks ago, and I am loving it! It's very light, and so, easy to manuver and the auction is better than my real good vacuum.

@Chicagoan tried your suggestion Oftopping the garlic cheese flatbread with Carmellized onions, and it "took it to the next level". Another home run at the dinner table, thanks!! I'm going use the flatbread a starting point and build on it. I can't wait to try chicken or shrimp and roasted vegetables of those.Yum!

Valued Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

@cantdrive55 yum that sounds good!  I am going to try adding thinly sliced tomatoes. bell pepper and mushrooms.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving . . . Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop in and say a huge thank you to those that recommended that garlic flatbread pizza . . . I just pulled it out of the toaster oven and the kitchen smells delicious.  I love the flavor and the texture of the pizza.  What a find, I wish they would carry it year round!

Trusted Contributor

@Limbo4now wrote:

mtc.....I was at Aldis yesterday. Sweet potato casserole  was a seasonal item in the big bins but I did find it in the upright freezer section. They changed my store all around. It was a challenge finding some items. Of course no employees around or they would have been bombarded. Ours is a very busy store. 

And also the box of casserole got a lot smaller!

Hi @Elom,

I noticed some kind of frozen potato dishes at our store a few weeks ago.

They were smaller boxes of frozen potato dishes that were 16 oz. boxes, and they were different types, I noticed.

I think that they were Au Gratin potatoes or something like that, for like $3.99.

I didn't get any because I shop off of a budget and a list, and I like the boxed potatoes that they already sell that are less than $2 that you can rehydrate and then bake.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hi everybody, hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving . . . Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop in and say a huge thank you to those that recommended that garlic flatbread pizza . . . I just pulled it out of the toaster oven and the kitchen smells delicious.  I love the flavor and the texture of the pizza.  What a find, I wish they would carry it year round!

Hi @momtochloe,

That pizza was so delicious! Those special buys really fly out of our store!

I was thinking of you because of your love of burgers!

We bought some of their plain 75/25 frozen ground beef patties. They're in the regular freezer case. They aren't seasoned. They keep them by some of the Cattlemen's burgers. 

They come like 10 to a package, I think. These are really good.

You just season them how you want, and then cook them how you want. They are not pre-cooked but are raw, so you have to cook them. 

They also have higher grades of frozen burgers (like Chuck) if you want those, but we thought that we'd get the regular ground beef. They don't shrink that much when you cook them. 

I would definitely buy these again. Smiley Happy

I love, love, love Aldi's - I save a lot of money by shopping Aldi's first - they have a lot of things that you use on a regular basis and for a lot less money - i will grant you they do not have everything that you need but i usually only have to get a few things at the chain grocery - the quarter for the cart is no big deal you get it back when you return the cart to the cart bin - the bags are no biggie either - first time you pay 10 cents per bag and they are good large, heavy, durable bags then i just keep them in the trunk for next trip -overall i feel like i save about half if not more of my grocery costs by using Aldi's - my store is clean and the people are helpful (if your store is a turn off bceause it is not clean i would contact their corp offices ) I finally talked my daughter into an Aldi's trip and she was amazed she cut her usual grocery bill in half first time out !!!!!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Happy
Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 thanks for the reminder about those burgers as now that I am taking my lunch to work I am looking for different things to bring besides a sandwich and a burger would be a great idea . . . thank you my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

mtc, when do you start?  What will you be doing?  I am so happy for you!!!!

Oh thank you @HonnyBrown, I am truly so excited!  I was supposed to start today but they pushed the training class to the 28th so they would have a full class.  It will be data entry work which is great but best of all it's full time with benefits so I won't have to worry about insurance next year.  This is such a huge weight off of my shoulders I can't even begin to say.

Thank you again for your good thoughts and kind words as they mean the world to me . . . Heart

I am very, very happy for you!  Best of luck in the class and on the job!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.