Respected Contributor

@CLEM

where is Lidl going to open? I know they are building a HUGE distribution center in Port Deposit, MD.

Regular Contributor

Love, love our Aldi's!  They remodeled a few months ago and the store is so much bigger with good lighting and wider aisles and more selection.  I rarely buy ham but 99% of the time buy it from there.  I get the spriral cut and it is as good if not better than Sugardale or other name brands, and of course cheaper. Just picked one up for Easter.  Love their coffee too.  I buy the organic Simply Nature medium roast in the single serve cups for the keurig.  Excellent flavor and it is fair trade certified. It's a fun place to shop with all the other non-food stuff they offer.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234

From what I have read it's to be in New Jersey in some places and in the Philadelphia area, but outside Philadelphia itself.  All where they already have enough supermarkets.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM

I am in Delaware, so outside Philadelphia would be good. We need something different here.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@CLEM

I am in Delaware, so outside Philadelphia would be good. We need something different here.

@panda1234  You might just be in luck.  If you google Lidl there are a number of links and perhaps one of them will have specific locations.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@CLEM

@panda1234  You might just be in luck.  If you google Lidl there are a number of links and perhaps one of them will have specific locations.

Thanks CLEM I will do that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@feline groovy I know that Aldi's can be an aquired taste for some but I love shopping there.  I bought almost everything I need for my Easter meal and am amazed at the variety and selections they offer.  I did giggle at the explanation of the cart corral as one time I pulled in and there was a woman who obviously did not enjoy her shopping experience there and literally shoved her cart at me which I happily accepted . . . not sure if she intended to pay it forward but I was happy . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe, love our Aldi's too! And yes, on the flip side of the shopping cart experiences there, I have found that it takes very little to make someone's day there. Simply giving your cart for free---a small gesture, and so appreciated at times. Also, leaving extra bags on the packing counter too!Smiley HappyHeart

Oh my goodness @LIG1 what a wonderful person you are!  I agree, I have given my cart to a friendly face on occasion but never thought to leave extra bags on the counter . . . thanks for the good thought!

Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

Have you seen the Aldi ad for next week? It has fabric shopping bags that look like the Kikkerland bags Q sells. The are $1.29 each? Wonder if they are also made out of polyester?

I did buy the Kikkerland bags from Q & use them all the time. I like that they are washable. I don't put them back in the pouch after I use them. I just stuff them all inside one of the bags & keep in my trunk organizer. I figure they will last longer not trying to get them back in their pouches.

The Kikkerland bags are 24 x 14 the ones from Aldi are15.75 x 17.72"H. They may be too small.

Some look like they have a pouch like the Kikkerland bags & the others have the square pouch.

csm_101117_S_53791_FoldableShoppingBag_alt3_detail_cb572e9f6c.jpgcsm_101117_S_53791_FoldableShoppingBag_alt4_detail_e0bf17c0f5.jpg

Valued Contributor

They finally got the delicious "Specially Selected Flatbread Garlic Butter Cheese pizza" back in.  My very favorite frozen pizza and it only comes to the stores once or twice a year so I buy 10 at a time and the price is amazing at $1.99, they sell out fast around here.  It is good just as cheese alone or I sometimes add additional topping on it, the crust is so good.   I wish they carried it year round! 

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you