Esteemed Contributor

The specials this week look pretty good: a whole lobster, pasta pesto, slow cooker liners, mtc's rotisserie, and...

canned plums.  Huh??

Next week has an asian theme.  I will go dog but nuts next week.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

mtc, did you get the rotisserie?

My weekly trip to Aldi's was uneventful.  There were two middle aisle items I wanted: crock pot liners and cabinet organizers.  Neither were in stock.  I didn't see anything else I wanted.  They didn't have the rotisseries in stock either.

I picked up frozen chicken enchiladas, country fried steak, chocolate cheesecake, red grapes, chicken fries, cajun herb chips, gouda chips and a pizza.

The kids are having a sleepover this weekend.

I'm interested to see what the chicken fried steak tastes like.  I haven't had any luck with the frozen meats in the past. The pork schnitzel, bacon wrapped chicken and bacon cheddar burgers all had odd textures.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

mtc, did you get the rotisserie?

My weekly trip to Aldi's was uneventful.  There were two middle aisle items I wanted: crock pot liners and cabinet organizers.  Neither were in stock.  I didn't see anything else I wanted.  They didn't have the rotisseries in stock either.

I picked up frozen chicken enchiladas, country fried steak, chocolate cheesecake, red grapes, chicken fries, cajun herb chips, gouda chips and a pizza.

The kids are having a sleepover this weekend.

I'm interested to see what the chicken fried steak tastes like.  I haven't had any luck with the frozen meats in the past. The pork schnitzel, bacon wrapped chicken and bacon cheddar burgers all had odd textures.

@HonnyBrown no I sat myself down and convinced myself that I did not need a rotisserie at this point in my life and please know it was not an easy conversation as I really wanted it.

I actually haven't been shopping at all (including the wing sauce) as I have so much here I really have to burn through my stock.  I think my only trip out may be tomorrow to go for a wing run for the air fryer otherwise it's into the deep freeze for me . . . 

You nabbed some great stuff on your run.  I would love to know how that chicken fried steak comes out (I bet great in my air fryer Smiley Wink) and I may just have to hop in the car and drive out by you to try those gouda chips.  I know I would love them.

Hope you and your family have a lovely weekend and a great Super Bowl celebration . . . go gouda chips!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I am a newer Aldi customer. Ad starts 2-3-2016

Friday(2-5-2015) I went to the store to buy

Fresh Family Pack Chicken Breasts

per lb.$1.49*

I saw a woman dressed in a nice Aldi shirt and asked her where these were. I think she was a manager. We looked in the chicken section, and NONE were to be found.
Her answer...ONCE the WED ad starts and they sell OUT of MEAT that is on ad special, TOO BAD.
She said ad specials can sell out the FIRST day of the ad.
Is this true?
I snooze...I lose ? :-(    LOL
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Super Contributor

ooooops Friday 2-5-2016

lol

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

@milkbone wrote:

per lb.$1.49*

I saw a woman dressed in a nice Aldi shirt and asked her where these were. I think she was a manager. We looked in the chicken section, and NONE were to be found.
Her answer...ONCE the WED ad starts and they sell OUT of MEAT that is on ad special, TOO BAD.
Is this true?

@milkbone tee hee, welcome to the Wednesday People club . . . now that Aldi has become so popular I guess it is becoming well known that if you want something from Aldi's circular you better get there early on Wednesday as the Wednesday People scoop them up before other shoppers have a chance to get there.

Sigh, I remember a time when you had a day or two . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@HonnyBrown no I sat myself down and convinced myself that I did not need a rotisserie at this point in my life and please know it was not an easy conversation as I really wanted it.

I actually haven't been shopping at all (including the wing sauce) as I have so much here I really have to burn through my stock.  I think my only trip out may be tomorrow to go for a wing run for the air fryer otherwise it's into the deep freeze for me . . . 

You nabbed some great stuff on your run.  I would love to know how that chicken fried steak comes out (I bet great in my air fryer Smiley Wink) and I may just have to hop in the car and drive out by you to try those gouda chips.  I know I would love them.

Hope you and your family have a lovely weekend and a great Super Bowl celebration . . . go gouda chips!  Smiley Happy

I had the same conversation with myself about the George Foreman grill!  I already have one that I don't use, so mine wasn't a difficult conversation.

I think the gouda chips are regular stock now.  I see them by the nuts and trail mix.

You have a great Super Bowl weekend as well!

Super Contributor

I am also seeing when something is on SALE, get it, the prices do go UP !!!  LOL

Thanks all

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@milkbone wrote:

per lb.$1.49*

Is this true?

@milkbone tee hee, welcome to the Wednesday People club . . . now that Aldi has become so popular I guess it is becoming well known that if you want something from Aldi's circular you better get there early on Wednesday as the Wednesday People scoop them up before other shoppers have a chance to get there.

Sigh, I remember a time when you had a day or two . . . Smiley Happy

I started shopping at Aldi's regularly over the summer.  I would get there at 9am on Saturdays.  The store was never crowded and the weekly specials were in stock.

Sometime in the fall, maybe right before Thanksgiving, Saturday mornings had more people and weekly items were out of stock.  It's getting subtly worse every week; more people and less specials.

Super Contributor

I know my WalMart..I will KNOW my Aldi Soon !!!!

Truth is, I need to call a carpenter, to EXPAND the kitchen pantry !!!!!!