Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:
@HonnyBrown wrote:

Hey groovy!  I was born in the late (very late) 60s, so no memory of that time.  Ha!  But 70s?  I remember the 70s: beaded curtains in the doorways, avocado green appliances, platform shoes...!

PEACE!

Aw, you're just a 'baby', honeybee!  LOL

What's your birthdate?

I was born on 3/13/1963, and have only a bit of recollection of the late 60's.

Mostly from my very long-haired super-cool babysitters, hehe.

But during the 70's and early 80's, I went from child to teen to legal adult: ages 7 through 16, then 17 and 18.

Yep, beaded doorway curtains like Greg in his solo bedroom on "The Brady Bunch" LOL, avocado and "Harvest Gold" appliances shag rugs and carpeting (which was in our "rec room" back then), and platform shoes and wavy-bottomed ones from the brand "Famolare".

Righteous!

Hey, no mocking the Harvest Gold and Avocado appliances as they are still in my kitchen (but the shag carpeting was torn up and the lovely hardwoods restored) . . . love this felinegroovy!

PEACE ya'll!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for the recommendation on the coffee, HB!! ! At my Aldi's it's $4.97 a box and it's delish!!

Teesa Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi's Revisited :-)

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:
@HonnyBrown wrote:

Hey groovy!  I was born in the late (very late) 60s, so no memory of that time.  Ha!  But 70s?  I remember the 70s: beaded curtains in the doorways, avocado green appliances, platform shoes...!

PEACE!

What's your birthdate?

But during the 70's and early 80's, I went from child to teen to legal adult: ages 7 through 16, then 17 and 18.

Yep, beaded doorway curtains like Greg in his solo bedroom on "The Brady Bunch" LOL, avocado and "Harvest Gold" appliances shag rugs and carpeting (which was in our "rec room" back then), and platform shoes and wavy-bottomed ones from the brand "Famolare".

Righteous!

Hey, no mocking the Harvest Gold and Avocado appliances as they are still in my kitchen (but the shag carpeting was torn up and the lovely hardwoods restored) . . . love this felinegroovy!

PEACE ya'll!

Thanks & hugs, mtc!  

Hey, your earth-tone leaf-colored appliance are right in time for the arrival of autumn.  Cat Tongue

I would love to have a working Avocado appliance around, as my favorite color is green and it's a nice shade:

Honored Contributor

I would love to have working appliances in my kitchen . . . don't particularly care which color they are . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Teesa wrote:

Thanks so much for the recommendation on the coffee, HB!! ! At my Aldi's it's $4.97 a box and it's delish!!

Teesa Smiley Very Happy

Teesa, that's awesome!  Which one did you get?

I currently have the box of 36 K-Cups ($13.99), Irish Cream, Donut House and Breakfast Blend.  I just finished the French Vanilla.  I don't remember how much the 12 count boxes are exactly, but they are $4 something, much cheaper than other stores and taste great!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

What's your birthdate?

Righteous!

Peace groovy!  I was born on 9/13/1968.

I remember the Brady Bunch!  Playing outside and catching rabbits all day long, Atari on rainy days, Right On! magazine....wow, nice memories, thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I would love to have working appliances in my kitchen . . . don't particularly care which color they are . . . Smiley Happy

Oh no mtc!  What happened to your appliances?

Honored Contributor

Right On! magazine! . . . talk about a blast from the past . . . I LOVE IT!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I hear our Aldi's freezes their produce, so that's why it's so cheap. Technically it wouldn't be fresh when you buy it, though.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

morganjen, if I remember correctly, fresh produce is put into deep coolers, not freezers, for storage by grocery chain suppliers.  If the produce is frozen, it would get mushy since the water would expand and burst the cell walls.