Honored Contributor
I've been looking at the healthy recipes on the Aldi's website and I'm looking forward to trying them. They have a cranberry/almond version of a nutrition bar that I would like to buy in bulk.
Esteemed Contributor

This week's visit I bought the 2 Blade Food Chopper for $10.99  It has a 2 yr warranty.

I wanted the chopping salad bowl that q sells but it was $35 + s&h  last time I checked.  I didn't want that expense especially not knowing how much I'd use it.

Last year I bought the  Frozen Dessert Maker  (Yoyana/Dessert Bullet) for $29.99.  You use frozen bananas as a base.   It's loud but works great. They have it again this year.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very impressed with that middle aisle!  I have to admit I was surprised when I saw a boxed mattress, but the price on it was a good one.  The bathroom rugs I bought last week for $10 feel sooo good.

I went yesterday and got my little chicken and other items I needed for the week.  I saw the chicken chow mein, but I didn't get it.  I forgot to look at the grocery list in my BlackBerry, so I left without several items I wanted.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Everything I've ever bought as far as home goods, small appliances and such, has been excellent!  I like almost everything I've ever bought at Aldi.  It is my main grocery store.  Their gluten free bread actually tastes good!  The brands I've bought at other stores for much higher prices taste awful.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a storage cube you can sit on from the middle aisle this week! I also got a cute purple folding footstool. I love the middle aisle at Aldi's! It is always a pleasant surprise. I bought an outdoor rug for my patio at the beginning of the summer and it is really nice!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget, Aldi's lovers: Cookie Butter tomorrow!

Hubby and I went on Saturday.  This is the only grocery store that he likes going to!  I got orthotic insoles and socks from the middle aisle, and regular grocery items.  The big pack of chicken thighs was $0.89/#...amazing.

I picked up some onion rings (snack, not frozen).  They weren't very good.  I guess thats a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Don't forget, Aldi's lovers: Cookie Butter tomorrow!

Hubby and I went on Saturday.  This is the only grocery store that he likes going to!  I got orthotic insoles and socks from the middle aisle, and regular grocery items.  The big pack of chicken thighs was $0.89/#...amazing.

I picked up some onion rings (snack, not frozen).  They weren't very good.  I guess thats a good thing.

Thank you for the reminder, I would have completely forgotten!  I already wrote it down for tomorrow . . . now all I have to do is locate that big spoon . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

mtc, the first time I bought it from Trader Joe's, it was gone by the the time the groceries were put away.  My husband and the boys devoured it that quickly.

This time, I know to buy one for him and one for me.  Mine will be hidden.

Have you looked at any of the recipes?  I haven't.  I don't think anything can top the big spoon.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

mtc, the first time I bought it from Trader Joe's, it was gone by the the time the groceries were put away.  My husband and the boys devoured it that quickly.

This time, I know to buy one for him and one for me.  Mine will be hidden.

Have you looked at any of the recipes?  I haven't.  I don't think anything can top the big spoon.

Recipes?  Nah, that just generates too many dishes . . . it's the big spoon for me . . . Smiley Happy

Actually I may try and do something with a tube of crescent rolls I have leftover . . . maybe roll them into balls and spoon the cookie butter over them . . . or maybe just use that big spoon.  That comes out perfectly every time!

You made me laugh out loud with your buy one hide one for you and your family . . . thanks for the morning giggle!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

mtc, my husband brought the groceries in.  While he was going back and forth, I opened the Cookie Butter and got a teaspoon full to see what it tasted like.  As usual, the kids descend on the kitchen whenever I go grocery shopping  I'm putting the groceries away and washing the fruit I want them to try (Thom-Cord grapes were a first also).  I fold the bags for recycle.  Meanwhile, I have some recipes going through my head for the Cookie Butter.  I decided on some breakfast food.  When I turned around, it was gone from the counter.  I went into the kids' room, and all three of them were fat and happy with an empty jar of Speculoos.

Imagine how much I giggled when I actually saw it!