Esteemed Contributor

Aldi's Alert! Cookie Butter!!!!

On August 19 (a week from today), Aldi's will have our beloved Cookie Butter in their stores!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi's Alert! Cookie Butter!!!!

OMG, that is the best news I have had all day . . . yippee!  I have to try and figure out how to incorporate it into a WP rice cooker recipe . . . off to the drawing board!

Thanks for the head's up HonnyBrown!

Honored Contributor

Cookie Butter? What's in it? Never heard of cookie butter?

Respected Contributor

I am a fan, thanks for the news.

Honored Contributor

Nightowlz, think cookie dough but spreadable (kind of the consistency of peanut butter)  . . . it's great on toast, plain cookies or my favorite . . . a big spoon!

It's really delicious.  If you have a Trader Joe's by you they have a similar product called Speculoos (sp?) Cookie Butter and it is delicious.

Honored Contributor

Thanks. I will have to try it. We don't have a Trader Joe's. I see Aldi also calls theirs Speculoos Cookie Butter. I just looked at their ad online. It's probably the same thing with a small ingredient change.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Thanks. I will have to try it. We don't have a Trader Joe's. I see Aldi also calls theirs Speculoos Cookie Butter. I just looked at their ad online. It's probably the same thing with a small ingredient change.

Well that makes sense, since they are owned by the same company...

hey hey how about a cookie butter bread pudding for the WP rice cooker?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Well that makes sense, since they are owned by the same company...

hey hey how about a cookie butter bread pudding for the WP rice cooker?

That sounds good. I have that little rice cooker. It comes in handy. DH likes to take it to work sometimes. I can put everything in there for beef stew etc & he can take the inner pot out & put in his refrigerator until he gets ready to cook it.

Esteemed Contributor

Between me and my husband, Cookie Butter has never made it past a big spoon.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

all of a sudden i have been seeing posts about this........trader joes has their own brand. BISCOFF has made this for quite a while now and has been available in the US for a number of years. you can now find it in many grocery stores. BISCOFF is what i have been buying.

a good alternative to any of the nut spreads.

http://www.biscoff.com/indulge/biscoff-spread

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein