Super Contributor

Aldi GRAND OPENING I WON $100.00

UPDATE:

Aldi had a soft grand opening on wed am. There was 100 people there at  9 AM. New store new layout. YOU have to learn where stuff is !

TODAY was the GRAND OPENING. 8.45 AM ribbon cutting.

I got there at 6.45 AM........I was FOURTH in line !. After being there an hour, they handed out TICKETS with numbers. Once the door opened they handed the ticket holders a sealed envelope...INSIDE....FOUR 25 DOLLAR gift certificates !!!!

Standing in line for two hours at 50 dollars an hour !!!!  LOL The man behind me, won 100 dollars, ticket number one, won 10 dollars. After the store opened, all aisles were FULL with people and CARTS !!!

Some prices:

1 Gallon milk $2.29 REG price !!!!

1 gallon ice cream Reg Price $2.49

Tortilla chips  99 cents !!

I will be back ! NOW that the store is close !!!

Aldi is NOT for everyone.

The customers I saw were seniors, mothers with small children, people NEEDING to STRETCH the dollar.

YOU have to want to try house brands.

YOU have to compare the package weight.

You have to READ the weelky ADS for MORE savings

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi GRAND OPENING I WON $100.00

Oh my goodness @milkbone $100!  Wow, congratulations you can have a very good time there on that kind of money . . . yay!

Respected Contributor

Lucky you!  I just bought 6 large paper bags of groceries for $80 today - I stuffed the bags to the very top - always so surprised how much I get for my money at Aldi's! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Aldi's is a great way to stretch your dollars.  I save a great deal buying my basic pantry items from them.

Respected Contributor

Good advice on how to shop Aldi. We're getting one later this year.

The Moser Roth brand (their brand) of chocolate is better than LIndt, imho.

Their house brands, including coffee are excellent. I also bought non-preservative bacon and some other things I thought were better than usual. The jams are also excellent. Many are the quality you get in Europe, which is often better than US. 

I bought corned beef (for holiday dinner--I like corned beef and cabbage.) Better than our local grocery's brand.