Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti & Mary Beth to host ITKWD this week

@SharkE wrote:

Mary Beth's fudge recipe is out of this world. Her and her sister look pretty well nourished, so, they know how to cook and Mary Beth has had some cookbooks on amazon.

Won't see Kerstan , Kierstan, however, you spell her name pushing choc/butterscotch fudge. LOL

@SharkE  Yes MB has had cookbooks. I believe recipes are old ones from family cookbooks. Of course she's cooked for her family, or maybe her husband does the cooking since he is a stay at home Dad. She said she doesn't do much cooking these days. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Mary Beth's fudge recipe is out of this world. Her and her sister look pretty well nourished, so, they know how to cook and Mary Beth has had some cookbooks on amazon.

Won't see Kerstan , Kierstan, however, you spell her name pushing choc/butterscotch fudge. LOL

@SharkE  Of course she knows how to cook. Don't most people if they want to eat? You would probably qualify more as a cook on QVC than MB.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@NYwoman   I have to disagree with you that the Kitchen shows should only be hosted by people that can cook.  If you think about it, they don't "cook" as in the shows on Food Network.  Here they sell pots and pans, small appliances, utensils, dishes, storage items and prepared food that YOU cook or reheat. The vendors do most of any cooking and that is not much.  Other than the small portion of Davids show at the beginning where he shows what ingredients go into something (he doesn't cook it on the show) there is no cooking per se.    Just my opinionWoman Indifferent

I totally diagree with you.   In order to discribe the uses of kitchen equiptment and how to cook with it, you NEED cooking experience.   It shows!  As does the lack of vocabulary in describing food and its presentation, care, preparation, teste, cooking, ingredients, etc.   It's like a blind person describing a painting!   

A host in a cooking show must be able to know the uses of a piece of equipment and be believable.  Experience shows.  And so does vacuousness.  

@NYwoman  David has absolutely no cooking experience and never 'cooks' on his show. I suppose we should get rid of him also.

David wrote a few cookbooks.   He knows ingredients and techniques of cooking.  He is like the Katie Lee, Ree Drummond, and Sandra Lee rather than the Bobby Flay, Alex Guarnaschelli, and Geoffrey Zakarian.  He has learned by training with classic chefs and much personal study.   He can work with and develop a recipe.  It shows.  

A person who just heats up someone else's dish is not someone who I can get advise and insight on spending $100 on a new cooking equiptment.  Simple.  

Which classic chefs has he trained with?

@mom2four0418  I would like to know also. And how long was the training? 

Trusted Contributor

Meredith Laurence is a classically trained chef and has taught in culinary school,  She also trains the QVC hosts and has worked with David on many project / videos.

Honored Contributor

Alberti wasn't obsessed with colors and removing them as soon as they sold out. That was refreshing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That seems to bother some people never did me. On 1 hand he's being honest with how fast something is selling out and if you want red and now red is down to 200 you'd best get on the ball and try to get your red.

He may have 10 colors of Kitchen Aid mixers and has to keep us apprised

of what's still in stock.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Alberti wasn't obsessed with colors and removing them as soon as they sold out. That was refreshing.

@ValuSkr 

It seems thats the only bit of product info David shares anymore on his ITKWD shows.....OBSESSED is right! Woman LOL  And most of the inventory numbers dont change very quickly .....why cant he do like they do in the fashion shows and just mention which are most popular and are getting limited.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”