Esteemed Contributor

Alberti & Mary Beth to host ITKWD this week

On Sunday, 12/27, ITKWD will be hosted by Alberti Popaj, and on Wednesday, 12/30, the show will be hosted by Mary Beth Roe.

Although ITKWD is never the same without the "D" at the helm, I am looking forward to the very different styles of these hosts and what they'll bring to the show...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti & Mary Beth to host ITKWD this week

@loriqvc wrote:

On Sunday, 12/27, ITKWD will be hosted by Alberti Popaj, and on Wednesday, 12/30, the show will be hosted by Mary Beth Roe.

Although ITKWD is never the same without the "D" at the helm, I am looking forward to the very different styles of these hosts and what they'll bring to the show...

@loriqvc  ..... change is good ..... as much as I like David I am looking forward to Alberti & Mary Beth taking over the show for those two days!!!

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

It will be nice to see Mary Beth's take on the happy dance.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc   I thoroughly enjoyed todays show with Alberti.  It was like he has always done the show.  David better watch out. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

The Kitchen shows should be done with hosts who actually cook.   Mary Beth fits that.  But the hosts who cook are all gone (Jill, Stacey, and Antonella).  Maybe Jayne or Jane could do them when David is off.  I don't know how much Mary actually cooks.

Alberti is HORRIBLE in Gourmet shows and to have him In The Kitchen is ludicrous.  It was a no watch for me.  Please, may this be a one and DONE!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman   I have to disagree with you that the Kitchen shows should only be hosted by people that can cook.  If you think about it, they don't "cook" as in the shows on Food Network.  Here they sell pots and pans, small appliances, utensils, dishes, storage items and prepared food that YOU cook or reheat. The vendors do most of any cooking and that is not much.  Other than the small portion of Davids show at the beginning where he shows what ingredients go into something (he doesn't cook it on the show) there is no cooking per se.    Just my opinionWoman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@NYwoman   I have to disagree with you that the Kitchen shows should only be hosted by people that can cook.  If you think about it, they don't "cook" as in the shows on Food Network.  Here they sell pots and pans, small appliances, utensils, dishes, storage items and prepared food that YOU cook or reheat. The vendors do most of any cooking and that is not much.  Other than the small portion of Davids show at the beginning where he shows what ingredients go into something (he doesn't cook it on the show) there is no cooking per se.    Just my opinionWoman Indifferent

@grandma2pkmh @NYwoman  David doesn't cook at all on his shows. Even though Mary Beth did a cookbook back when, she says she doesn't cook. It's take out. 

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@loriqvc   I thoroughly enjoyed todays show with Alberti.  It was like he has always done the show.  David better watch out. Smiley LOL

I agree - Alberti was very good.  David should be looking over his shoulder.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh - I also thought Alberti did a really nice job. He was enthusiastic yet seemed a bit less "over the top" than he sometimes is during Gourmet Holiday, which was much appreciated. And you can tell he really does cook and entertain; the way he described some of the food items and the setups done by the prep chefs as well as his conversations with Ray Rastelli, Lisa LaSorte, and a few of the other vendors made it clear that he's very comfortable in a kitchen.