Respected Contributor

Re: Air frying Frozen Chops?

@Monketoes wrote:

Help, Y'all...the ones from the Q that's called the Ribeye of the Chops-?

My fryer is the Square one from Paula Deen.

How do you season when they are frozen?  Cooking temp? Turning?

LOL!  Can ya just come here and do it, and let me watch you? LOL

But really,  HelpSmiley LOLHeart

Monke~

I have the same meat. I do thaw, Smear olive oil on both sides. season with salt pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. place in air fryer cook 380* 10 t0 14 minutes, flipping half way thru

This recipe I got from the internet      and it is really good, it's the only way I cook them now, and i keep these on hand all the time.. You will be able to cut these with your fork. SOOO GOOD

Valued Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

Zhills, are yours frozen when you cook them like that?

yes, I can stop it to do things

I had a Nu-Wave Over, before the new air fryers and yes I cooked chops from frozen.  Did the best chops ever!

I have one of those, still....I forgot about that.  LOL!

Valued Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

Help, Y'all...the ones from the Q that's called the Ribeye of the Chops-?

My fryer is the Square one from Paula Deen.

How do you season when they are frozen?  Cooking temp? Turning?

LOL!  Can ya just come here and do it, and let me watch you? LOL

But really,  HelpSmiley LOLHeart

Monke~

I have the same meat. I do thaw, Smear olive oil on both sides. season with salt pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. place in air fryer cook 380* 10 t0 14 minutes, flipping half way thru

This recipe I got from the internet      and it is really good, it's the only way I cook them now, and i keep these on hand all the time.. You will be able to cut these with your fork. SOOO GOOD

OK!  That sounds great and so simpleHeart

Honored Contributor

I use a meat thermometer for anything "iffy."  Especially chicken, and that means with any form of cooking.

Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I use a meat thermometer for anything "iffy."  Especially chicken, and that means with any form of cooking.

Me too!Heart

Regular Contributor

If I forget to thaw the pork chops out I place in the Air Fryer and use the 5 minute setting to thaw.  Then I spritz with oil, S&P, Hot Paprika and cook 380 -15 minutes turning half way through.  I season and spritz the second side after turning.  They are fork tender and delicious.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that meat had to be thawed to put in the air fryer. Check your booklet but I wouls thaw it first especially since it's pork.

Honored Contributor

I haven't cooked totally frozen meat in my air fryer, but have cooked some meat that is slightly frozen.  I just add a little time to the pre-set.  I have never had a "failure" in cooking anything in my air fryer.   I love it.   For a big, thick chicken breast I check it with a thermometer.     

Valued Contributor

Thank you to everybody that took time to come on here and help me out with directions and tips for the futureHeart

Made them tonight and it was SO EASY and SO GOOD I almost

couldn't believe it and DH thought they were fantastic!

Monke~

Super Contributor

I like my pork chops wellllll done and crispy and dried out like bacon.  I cannot stand pork chops that are so chewy that the more you chew them, the bigger they get.

I bake boneless pork chops in a cast iron skillet with a lid in the oven at 350 for 45-60 minutes.  I take the lid off and turn them the last 10 minutes are so.  We love them like this and I rarely even try recipes that call for them to be cooked any other way.  

I know.  Madness. Right?