Highlighted
Contributor

I would like to get an air fryer for use with a small family. Any suggestions or recommendations?   Thank you.

Honored Contributor

My NuWave 6 qt air fryer is great, easy to use, hardly any clean up

Bought at Kohl's. 3 qt is to small and the drawer is defective.

Super Contributor

So do you literally not use oil when you air fry? 

Honored Contributor

I use no oil.  I've seen the presentation where Meredith spritz a little oil on the food.  I have a cooks essentials 3.5 qrt.  It works good.  The most important part is that it's big enough for what you plan on cooking.  I would go no smaller than 5 qrt.  They all look big, but the cooking space is what matters.  5 qrt may be too small for you.

Honored Contributor

I baste with olive oil things like salmon, no more butter. Spritz veg oil that you buy at store over french fries couple of whacks. Parkay in spritz bottle.

Only time I break out the butter sticks is for baking one day a week.

So funny, we were having lunch the other day at Cheddars and this young couple came in sit behind us and I heard the young girl say "baked potato with lots of butter". That used to be me till I got phone call from Dr. discussing my blood tests and she said "lay off butter or you will have to take cholerestol pills". Now, if I order baked potato I take my own Smart Balance fake butter or eat plain with salt and pepper.

Hubbo, said she will get call one day. LOL

Respected Contributor

I really enjoy having a 5.3qt. Power XL,The basket really holds up to the work out I give mine. And It's almost a year Old. Clean up is easy also. I place a piece of non-stick foil in mine, just make sure you center the food on the foil, or the foil will spin. I also use my divider for baking canned biscuits, they turn out great and the divider is non-stick also.Just lay it in the bottom of the basket and place your bisquits on the divider. For the foil leave about an inch or so from the end of the basket, and I fold the long ends in  so it fits the sides of the basket, helps alot with clean up. I use mine 3-4 times a day. And I purchase a turn table to place the air-fryer on at B.B.&B. I think it protects the counter and it helps to turn the air-fryer if you need to.

Respected Contributor

The post on the air-fryer is for 17 th floor.From becca lou.

Honored Contributor

Biscuit Doughnuts

1 can jumbo biscuits (8 biscuits)

Create a hole in the 8 biscuits to make doughnuts

preheat air fryer to 370'

cook in batches 7 to 8 minutes

That's it , after done , decorate with whatever pleases you. My book suggests drizzing honey, powdered sugar, nuts, cinn-sugar, etc.

I have the big 6 qt Nuwave.Probably can get whole can in there.

Honored Contributor

I have the 3.5 Power XL that Eric sells on QVC.  I have never used oil on anything.   I use mine for everything from grilled cheese sandwich to steak.

Honored Contributor

chicken wings one of my fav's, not buying very much Crisco any more