Honored Contributor

I've had mine (from Evine) for several months and have formica countertops.  I literally use mine at least once a day between toasting, cooking and reheating.  I just checked and there is no mark whatsoever on the countertop so I think they should be safe for those that may have been concerned.

Respected Contributor

if you guys are worried ,just go to home depot and buy one ceramic tile to put under it-

I even get unglazed tiles there and line my oven with them (makes the temp more even),  and use them as pizza stones

Contributor

Just make sure it isn't near your Keurig A few of us have had melting issues Keurug still works just looks funny

Honored Contributor

I use mine on the counter.  It's really just a small convection oven.  No accidents to report, but I only make things like tator tots and onion rings.

New Contributor

I have a question...I bought my oven as the TSV and it quit working today! Called Air Fryer's CS and they were a little arrogant.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Honored Contributor

I put mine on the counter. I can't imagine where else one would place it.

I've been looking online for recipes and following those. I've found that I might locate 3 different recipes for similar items and they will all list different cook times and temperatures. I'm waiting for a cook book. The Blue Jean Chef has one coming in the fall/winter and William Sonoma has one coming out in the summer.

Right now it's all very experimental. I've done several types of chicken fingers, beer battered cod (bought frozen), roasted brussels sprouts, coconut shrimp (bought frozen), and sweet potato fries. The fries I had no directions for and those were the hardest for me.

Respected Contributor

My maiden voyage with my 1200W Cook's Companion (Evine) was a little rocky...sending off the smoke detector in my small kitchen...so now I set it in the center of the stove and run the fan!  After the fact I found out this is not unusual when oil is used.  A little tidbit not covered in the demos dontchaknowWoman Wink  Having a great time with it here and enjoying sweet potato curly fries tonight! Yummm...Woman LOL

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Contributor

Re: Air fryer great recipies

well i have one ordered so cant wait meantime i have googled air fryer recipies and wow lots of good ones there are lots on pinterest also looks like its going  to be fun!!!!

Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have been using mine on the kitchen counter with no problems. How else do they think you are going to use it if you don't set it on the counter?

I imagine the fan blew the quesadilla top up & blew off the cheese. I heard Meredith say if you put cheese on a hamburger in the air fryer to use melted cheese or that cheese spread because the fan will blow the cheese off. When I saw it on TV it looked like she was using Cheese Whiz.

Or just do what I do, when the burger is finished cooking, take the tray out of the air fryer and lay a slice of room temperature cheese on the burger.  The heat from it will melt it nicely until you want to put it in a bun.

I also keep mine on my counter and put a heat resistant pad under it while cooking in it.