Occasional Contributor

Air fryer without Teflon coated basket please. - qvc please consider

I’m interested in buying an air fryer but most of the reasonably priced ones have a Teflon coating on the basket.  I’d like to see someone come out with one that doesn’t have it. I’m single so I don’t need a big one.  If they can make pfoa free cookware why can’t they do the same thing in the air fryers.  Just curious.  

I saw one on Amazon that had a ceramic coated basket but it was over $200 which I refuse to pay.  

If one is out there, I couldn’t find it. 

If like to see Cook’s Essentials create one. 

Thanks for listening! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Air fryer without Teflon coated basket please. - qvc please consider

@PBnChocolate  Did you check out the air fryer Paula Deen has on Evine?  It seems someone mentioned it had the ceramic coating.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Cooks companion on Evine has a small 1.6 qt airfryer with ceramic coating for

$55.

Honored Contributor

Teflon doesn't bother me. Didn't know they made them in ceramic coating

have to check it out

Frequent Contributor

I bought one from Amazon for $99.99 & it's pfoa free. I love it. My wife thinks the basket is small.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, please someone make a stainless steel basket!  They are all over in Asia, Europe... yet we are stuck with this harmful mess!  People are tired of it!  Look at the success of the InstantPot, I bought solely because it was the only one with a standard stainless pot. I have found many foreign  brands that are stainless:  Buffalo, Kronen, Kifer...   Thankfully I finally found one that has a staniless basket although the drip basket is nonstick Smiley Sad  Regardless, I listed my Philips Viva on ebay and ordered that other one:  Avalon Bay AF25BSS.  Its smaller than I want but health is the main thing and I have fallen in love and gotten spoiled to airfrying, I'd hate to stop.  I called Philips today and suggested that.  Sadly, they said yes, we realize that's what people want, we're "working on it".  Please, how long would that take, no time.  They don't want to make something that people won't need to replace with their $40-60 replacement baskets every 5 months.  Well, I for one would pay a premium to get a total stainless interior and I imagine I"m not alone.

UPDATE:  that stainless basket was terrible quality.  It actually fell apart and the screws ended up in our food and in someone's mouth!  It was more like tin, terrible.  I then found the Louise Sturhling that was PTFE POFE (that may not be the correct letters, teflon free ie).  I waited several months to test it before I posted.  Its as new and I use daily.  No pealing.  customer service is beyond great.  The basket is a bit small (same as Philips viva).  The CEO says theyre working on  a larger one.

New Contributor

the reviews speak of pealing Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Louise Sturhling has one PFOA PTFE free.  Its the same size as the philips viva.  I love it! I use 2-3 times every day!  No pealing!  Customer service beyond top notch.  They are even working on a larger one Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two years ago I purchased a NuWave Brio 3qt air fryer.

if I use 5x a month that's a lot.

i notice the fry basket was pealing and started to rust.

Would be total of $40 to replace basket.

Respected Contributor

@PBnChocolateI am with you on ss . I was so glad when HSN came out with a ss pressure cooker insert of that. I paid extra to order  , then of course the instant pot came out and had ss (included)  if I understand correctly .  If it is a good grade of SS it works wonderfully in products and even if it burns  a bit of a soak and it will clean. I remember the early days of teflon and 'wow I put a lot of pepper in that--oh wait a minute --that is not pepper ' ! ewww.

I have a Paula Deen air fryer (but it is large ) that has a coating like copper chef. It cleans fairly well and does not peel. Now she has a huge one that has the same coating as her sons cookware (on Evine) . If I ever buy another that would be my choice as I have 2 of thier skillets with that coating and they are wonderful.