Frequent Contributor

Looking to purchase an air fryer with multiple functions.

would like it to air fry, grill a steak, dehydrate, and toast feature.

any pro and cons. 

thanks. 

Super Contributor

Get the air fryer OVEN type.  I have purchased both the Zakarian and the Power XL brands.   I started with  traditional style fryer but needed to replace every year because the non stick will not hold up to everyday use.    No worries in the oven style fryers!   And I think they cook MUCH better!   I and the person I bought the other one for use ours EVERY day.    

Super Contributor

i don't have a suggestion because I looked at air fryers for what seemed liked an eternity. I finally got a large GoWise and I still can't decide if I want it or not. I have 3 days left if I want to return. I probably won't return it. It heats up leftover meat good! I haven't mastered the frozen fries yet. They taste like oven cooked and get cold fast.  My mom and niece really like their Cosair brand. For my GoWise I was looking for the dehydrator funcion and this one had it and 3 racks so I got it.   Good Luck

Honored Contributor

I have one by Instant Pot--just a basic one tho--they have a few with more bells and whistles--when I need to replace this one--think i'd like the oven type too.

Honored Contributor

How about The Ninja or Woflfgang Puck? I have seen both of them advertised and they look really nice. I have a Hamilton Beach that I like very much, but it doesn't have a rotisserie!

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the Kitchen Aid 8 Function Air Fryer here on the Q.  It air fries, toasts, bakes, dehydrates, broils, and has a keep warm setting.  I am really enjoying it.  My big oven doesn't get alot of use anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I love my Ninja air fryers.  I have the original one and also got the Max.  

Frequent Contributor

I LOVE my air fryer.  I have slowly upgraded to bigger and bigger models.

The Power XL, copper chef brand is probably my favorite.

Started with the egg shaped fryer, good but limited capacity depending on what you are cooking and for how many people.

Then got the oven type with the slide in trays and rotisserie.  This is nice but need to switch the trays of food around to cook even, don't overcrowd, excellent results.

Then bought the type with a lift top lid, to grill, bake, fry, air fry and has a much bigger basket and capacity.

Hardly use my large oven any more.  Evo oil sprayer is a must.

'Really depends on the amt and type of food you cook.  I use for everything from veggies, potatoes, fish, chicken, to rewarming pizza.

Esteemed Contributor

Love our Ninja Foodi Grill  it's air fryer, grill, roaster, baker, dehydrator.  It also comes in XL for larger quantities

I like it a million times better than the WP airfryer oven.

Super Contributor

You guys are making me regret my air fryer purchase and I should have got the Ninja Foodi Grill. I have a 7 qt. air fryer so it's big but everything I do is usually one layer. 

That's the problem with appliances, always something bigger or better around the corner. Actually, of the brand I got I do have the newest mode. The only thing that I don't like is having room for the air fryer and room for the drawer when I pull it out. Lifting a lid up would be easer. 

On the other hand I just got a Disney Micky Mouse Instant Pot. It dropped from $79 to $59 so I got it. Then I guess it sold out and a new seller at the same web site is now charging $114, all in one day. It wasn't Amazon, it was Walmart. My appliances are all black and stainless with blue lights when the power is on. Now I'm so bold (just kidding) with a red and black instant pot with red lights. What's a splash of color going to hurt me? My adult son said it was tacky. Thats good, it's my house so I get to ignore him lol. 

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Love our Ninja Foodi Grill  it's air fryer, grill, roaster, baker, dehydrator.  It also comes in XL for larger quantities

I like it a million times better than the WP airfryer oven.