Respected Contributor

Why isn't this under Kitchen topic in the forum?

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Why isn't this under Kitchen topic in the forum?

Probably because more people read here. Therefore she would get more opinions. Just a guess. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Does ANYone here use foil to line the bottom of the basket?

Respected Contributor

No foil for me. I use parchment air fryer sheets. They come in various shapes and are easily found on Amazon. I even find them at my regular grocery store.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I don''t know about the foil, but I don't see why you couldn't put it in the bottom of the basket. I did want to tell you, though, that if you find any recipes to try or even general guidelines about time/temp for certain foods, don't immediately trust it. I have found that in most instances the recommended cooking time is too long. And you may already know that you can change the presets if you find they are not cooking the item to your liking.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy 

Thanks!  Yes, that is a common theme in 99% of the videos I've watched....food cooks faster than the recipe calls for.  And many increase chicken time beyond the 165 degree point.  I'm sure I'll make some mistakes but knowing ahead of time what to look for sure helps.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Etoile308 

I just ordered parchment papers.

I still haven't used the air fryer yet.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to get

it ready.  I think I bought some frozen

french fries to start with Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you @Etoile308 

I just ordered parchment papers.

I still haven't used the air fryer yet.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to get

it ready.  I think I bought some frozen

french fries to start with Smiley Happy

@monicakm 

If the food you are reheating or cooking in the air fryer is not heavy enough the heating element at the top might suck the parchment paper up there causing it to burn. Not sure if the bottom element would try to suck in the tinfoil?

You can also make a turkey breast or a smaller boneless turkey breast in there. Reheat pizza in it. 

Check out Blue Jean Chef's air fryer recipes on her site. I used one of her turkey breast recipes as guide to time temp to cook this one.

My new oven has an air fryer setting on it. We love it. 

Air Fryer Turkey Breast.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Thank you, I'll check it out.  I still haven't used it yet Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Our air fryer died a couple months ago and my wife bought a emeral lagasse air fryer that was 240 bucks but for black Friday sale on Amazon she go it for 170.its much larger than the old one and does so much more. Top and bottom heating elements and 2 fan speeds. Comes with a basket for air frying, a grill pan for burgers steak or anything you want to grill, a rack plus it rotisseries turkey ,chicken roast. It has 24 different modes. I love it.