Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess Another hint that may be helpful is anything that is light that the fan may pull up- like bread in grilled cheese- they said to stick a toothpick in there to hold it together.

I wish they would make a grate to drop in near the food in

our basket keep light foods in for us. My Cooks Essentials 5.3 quart has a potato chip setting on it. They may not stay in the basket for sure though. Potato chips would be great in an air fryer.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I like the thought that it doesn’t heat up the kitchen in summer.  I am leery though about buying another appliance that will just sit on the shelf!  LM

Honored Contributor

If you leave it out on your counter, you will use it often.  Except for baking cakes, I haven't used my oven since I got my air fryer.   I bake a potato, cook fish, chicken, beef, lamb chops, make grilled cheese, casseroles in a small dish, heat up a leftover sandwich from a restaurant.  I use mine several times a week.  

Honored Contributor

Wow: Huge!  Delivered about 8:30 pm by UPS. When DH goes to bed - will read instructions and get everything washed and dried. Yea- new toy to play with for this ole dog 🐕. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Tonight I tried something new, a small pork shoulder roast on the rack, cooked slow.  Started it at 175 for 30 minutes, turned it up to 200 for 20 minutes then 225 for another maybe 15-20 minutes, put in potato chunks toward the end and finished them at 400 degrees while the roast rested, sprayed them with oil.  The roast was slivered with garlic and seasoned with Penzeys pork chop seasoning, fresh ground pepper and a bay leaf in the pot.  Very tender.  I cooked the roast by guess and by golly, it worked.

Respected Contributor

YES !!!!!   I use mine every day - marvel at how well food turns out !  I would imagine the ''stove'' industry will take a hit after people realize how efficient air fryers are - not to mention, EASY CLEAN UP !!    Best appliance I've purchased in years !!   I have the Cook's Essentials air fryer.  LOVE IT !

Honored Contributor

Nice having just one pot to clean up too.

Best thing for me. LOL

Honored Contributor

I bought a small one ,just myself, first time tried fried green tomatoes, not good had to put them in a pan on stove, fixed chicken breats to make soup, that was fine, yesterday it was soo windy here, did not want to start up outdoor grill ,i had a steak that i needed to cook ,it was just okay,not like grilling.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.