Esteemed Contributor

Just got a new one as a gift.  Do you make veggies in yours?

It's great for meats and fries, but was wondering if you can make an assortment of veggies in it?  Also please give me some good ideas on some foods you like to make on it.

Honored Contributor

I think you can, but I haven't done it yet.  I've been planning to do roasted vegetables.  I have baked potatoes in mine.  Also, all kinds of meat, grilled cheese sandwiches.  Great for warming leftover pizza or a sandwich from a restaurant.   Fish turns out very good too.

Respected Contributor

Hi, A great place to get recipes for your air fryer, is go to google and put in air fryer. There are different people there with wonderful recipes. I have 2 cook books for mine, but find I get better ideas just going there. I love mine, and have a good time cooking in your new air fryer.

Frequent Contributor

I have a new air fryer too!  I just recently air fried a favorite recipe I had of chicken sausages, bell peppers and onions that I used to roast in the oven.  I really like the crispy texture of the veggies in the fryer.  It seemed to brown the food better and cook quite a few minutes quicker. And turning over the food halfway through seemed an easier task.

I also like the clean up better.  I would rather clean the air fryer than my oven roasting pan. 

I am slowly incorporating the air fryer into my routine.  I am still just guessing on temps and times for things. But it is fun to use!

Trusted Contributor

I made brussel sprouts in mine yesterday.  I cut them in half, cut up an onion and cooked them together at 380degrees for about 13 minutes, its always good to turn them every 4 minutes to check on them.  Read the directions first before you attempt anything.  The basket is HOT so i use an ove glove just in case. You need to preheat too. Have fun with it!

Valued Contributor

Meredith Laurence the QVC Blue Jean Chef has a few air fryer cookbooks out on QVC andt also on Amazon.

One I recall is the Air Fryer Genius book, and do a search for the other one.

I have both and use them very often and she also gives tips, her own  advice and suggestions, and complete history about air fryers which covers all models and sizes.

Also I can highly recommend the QVC Cooks Essentials large over 5 quart air fryer and the Emeril 3.5 quart also purchased on QVC. Both work great. Large one for entrees small one for sides, so I cook and serve at the same time.