Respected Contributor

@bonnie f Do not get any air-fryer with the Black Basket they peelafter a few uses. I purchased the Power Xl 5.3 Airfryer they also sell smaller ones in the Power Xl but it has a copper basket and I use my daily and have had mine a year and no problem at all with the basket easy to clean also. I like to line my basket with non-stick foil and that way you can just discard the foil when your finished cooking and no clean up at all. I really enjoy it very much. I purchased mine from a local store.Just remember to center the food so the foil doesn't spin from the air circulation.

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworldThe direction for cooking them in the air-fryer instructions are on the bag. They really cook very nice in the air-fryer. I have the chicken it is wonderful, we are crazy about it.The chicken is so versatile , I cook them with spaghetti sauce and Mozzarella cheese, Chicken gravy in jars purchased form the store, or just plaiin. I am not a big fan of that gravy , it comes out clumpy.

Respected Contributor

I have had two different air fryers with the black non stick inside and I never had any problems. I never had used aluminum foil and never had a problem. I did buy Paula Deens air fryer that was copper colored inside and it flaked all over. I ended up sending it back.

I imagine it just depends on the brands and the particular model that does this. My sister has had the Power XL 5.3 air fryer for two years and uses it almost every day with no problems. Sorry yours didn't work out for you.

Honored Contributor

I also have the Power XL air fryer sold on QVC.  Copper colored basket and I have no problems at all.  I think it is the 3.5 qt. size.   Very easy clean up.  I use it probably 4 or 5 times a week--use it for lunch and/or dinner. 

Super Contributor

@wonderfulworld

I to have the 5.3 air fryer. I also order the Heartland chicken. Air fryer preheat 3 minutes, then 400 air fryer 10 minutes. Defrost chicken first.Delicious

Honored Contributor

I hope it's not heavy because I bought it for my daughter to come to my house and then I'm mailing it to her in Denver.

She'll be in Seattle and Vail for the next 2 weeks so I'll send it to her when she gets back.

I just don't want to pay and haul it back to the post office if it's heavy, but wanted to take advantage of the TSV.  There was a time when I'd have bought one for me (but never use it).  I am so proud of myself for not getting one for me.  I don't cook much at all anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Barb114I don't defrost the chicken I just start it out at around 310-320- for about 3 minutes each side, then proseed to 350 for 4-5minutes each side. Perfectly hot and nicely brown and slightly crispy.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Becca Lou and Barb...I am going to try the chicken tomorrow!!

I appreciate your replies.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Air Fryer,,

[ Edited ]
"I hope it's not heavy because I bought it for my daughter to come to my house and then I'm mailing it to her in Denver." @Annabellethecat66

@Annabellethecat66, I got a notification from UPS regarding the air fryer that was Wednesday's TSV. The weight of the package is 12 lbs. 

Description of it here says it weighs 9 lbs so the 3 lbs difference must be the box, accessories, and packaging. 

eta ~ If you do end up sending this to your daughter be sure to tell her the recipe booklet is inaccurate. This is from an email I got from QVC which you probably got also if you ordered the TSV from the 31st.

"We're writing because some of the recipes in the booklet included with this item have inconsistencies or wording discrepancies. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. 

Please disregard the recipe booklet you received with your fryer and refer to the corrected recipes on QVC.com."

Honored Contributor

Indescrepancies and inconsistencies in the recipes?  Well isn't that nice.  I hope the how to use directions are correct.

wrote:
"I hope it's not heavy because I bought it for my daughter to come to my house and then I'm mailing it to her in Denver." @Annabellethecat66

@Annabellethecat66, I got a notification from UPS regarding the air fryer that was Wednesday's TSV. The weight of the package is 12 lbs. 

Description of it here says it weighs 9 lbs so the 3 lbs difference must be the box, accessories, and packaging. 

eta ~ If you do end up sending this to your daughter be sure to tell her the recipe booklet is inaccurate. This is from an email I got from QVC which you probably got also if you ordered the TSV from the 31st.

"We're writing because some of the recipes in the booklet included with this item have inconsistencies or wording discrepancies. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience or confusion. 

Please disregard the recipe booklet you received with your fryer and refer to the corrected recipes on QVC.com."

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)