Honored Contributor

Have been toying with getting an air fryer too and think that I won't after reading the posts here--we don't eat any breaded, boxed stuff at all and seems like that is all that it is used for. I think I can do all I need to in my little Breville convection oven. Good to know--thanks all!!

Respected Contributor

If I owned a Breville convection oven I would not buy an air fryer.  The concept is the same, moving hot air within a small space. My air fryer takes up less counter space than the Breville Smart Oven Air that I've admired from a distance. I secretely wish I could have both for the fun of trying and comparing but then I'd probably not want to let either one go because they'd both have their own advantages.  The advantage I don't have is counter space.

Respected Contributor
I make all kinds of things in my air fryer that aren’t breaded or boxed. There is currently a couple of salmon steaks and some roasted Brussel sprouts cooking away in mine.
Trusted Contributor

I agree, @RollTide2008. I cut up just about any veggies, especially root veggies, toss them in a bowl with a bit of EVOO, and shove them in the AF. Could totally be done in a bigger convection oven, but I like the small size of my little AF, and it's very fast. I use it for something most days--anything that isn't too soupy or too greasy. My fave trick is to put perforated parchment paper rounds in the basket, so there's practically no clean-up.