New Contributor

I bought the new Zakarian Air Fryer Oven and there were only 4 recipes. What I want to know is, are the air fryers and the air fryer ovens recipes different in temps and time?

Honored Contributor

I am pretty sure all air fryer temps are standard.  I have an air fryer that has many recipes, but I go online and use recipes online all the time.  Sometimes like recipes vary to pre heating time, and such.  But temps are all the same. Just like our home ovens. Hope that helps

Esteemed Contributor

@jonille :  Several months ago I bought an air fryer at Costco (also didn't have many recipes).  The first time I tried one of the included recipes (after that I didn't need a recipe).  I find I preheat it a couple of minutes before I put  in fries or what ever.  I spray on oil or brush oil on before using fryer.  Start with half the time you want and then flip contents and do second half.  When in doubt undercook (you can always add time at end).

New Contributor

This is an oven not a typical air fryer. I am seeing some recipies on line that so call for a longer time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer oven recipe

[ Edited ]

@jonille 

Just use the air fryer feature to use the air fryer. Cook time/temp should be the same as other air fryers. The time would differ a little depending on watts.

Check out airfryercalculator dot com to enter cook time/temp for conventional oven recipe to convert to estimated time/temp for the air fryer.

Occasional Contributor

I too purchased the air fryer oven. I think it is really going to be great when I can figure out how to use it. The manual is not informative. There is no suggested temperature and cooking times listed that comes with air fryers. It doesnt mention if you have to preheat the oven. I did rotisserie a chicken. I cooked it too long becasue I could not find a recipe. Most rotisserie ovens have presets. This is going to be a trial and error appliance. Also during the presentation, Chef said that the timer only goes to 60 minutes becasue most things only take an hour??