Respected Contributor

Re: Air Fryer V. Convection Oven

I've been Googling dontchaknow, @momtochloe !Woman LOL

I think I'll combine the recipe and cooking method (converting it to the airfryer, of course) from:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-fried-ice-cream

and enjoy the pics from...and all the topping suggestions!

http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2016/01/mexican-fried-ice-cream.html

I get such a kick out of some of these recipe bloggers.  Getting to the recipe is no easy feat!Woman Wink  Of course, making for one will stretch me math skills, but I shall work it out!  Which topping for you, girl?!?

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

I don't thnk my Breville's convection is strong enough, but my Fa-gor (like a NuWave but with Halogen) sure is! I think it is pretty much the same as and air fryer..That is how I use it anyway......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Gokat  I bet those ice cream balls would be even better rolled in toasted coconut.  The blogger seems to be in love with Dryers Ice Cream which I think is the pits.  I'd rather do without than eat Dryers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've never seen coconut used for Mexican Fried Ice Cream, @Kachina624, but I'm sure it would be delicious.Woman Wink

My Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker gets a good workout here so I'd probably whip up my own and freeze it well. 

I used to enjoy MFI at Chi-Chi's years ago, but they're long gone here.  Now I have my airfryer!Woman LOL

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@Gokat  The fried ice cream would be a great dessert treat for guests.  It looks fancy and complicated but is quick and easy.  Have everything ready ahead of time.

Thanks for the recipes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment