Trusted Contributor

I've been thinking about getting an air fryer so I was anxious to see this presented.  I really thought I was going to order it until I read the info online and saw that it only has a 60 day warranty.  What!?!?

Also, it is non stick and I just cleared my house of all non stick pots, pans and appliances because of chemicals.  I would have preferred a ceramic interior.

I'm in no hurry.  I'm sure one will come along that will meet my specifications.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer TSV on 10/23

[ Edited ]

I can't find a reason to justify getting the TSV air fryer. One of the food choices I watched during the presentation was cheese sticks. I just place those kind of things on a non stick cookie sheet and bake in the oven about 15-20 minutes. Then I saw then put a bunch of french fries in the air fryer. They all didn't look that great when they came out. The french fries really need to either bake as a single layer on a cookie sheet in the oven or in a regular fryer when they aren't laying on top of each other so they can cook thoroughly...JMO folks...

We have the Masterbuilt portable smoker, the Ronco Rotisserie, the Butterball indoor turkey fryer...all of which are kept in the basement until we use them for particular meals.

We have a small kitchen and we are only to keep out on our small counter space available (prime real estate, so to speak) our microwave, a toaster, a Vitamix and our Keurig.

Maybe I just need a larger kitchen and an open mind...LOL

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I can't find a reason to justify getting the TSV air fryer. One of the food choices I watched during the presentation was cheese sticks. I just place those kind of things on a non stick cookie sheet and bake in the oven about 15-20 minutes. Then I saw then put a bunch of french fries in the air fryer. They all didn't look that great when they came out. The french fries really need to either bake as a single layer on a cookie sheet in the oven or in a regular fryer when they aren't laying on top of each other so they can cook thoroughly...JMO folks...

We have the Masterbuilt portable smoker, the Ronco Rotisserie, the Masterbuilt turkey fryer...all of which are kept in the basement until we use them for particular meals.

We have a small kitchen and we are only to keep out on our small counter space available (prime real estate, so to speak) our microwave, a toaster, a Vitamix and our Keurig.

I can tell you as someone who has tried to cook things like fries in an oven and also owns this brand of air fryer (the smaller size) that it doesn't matter if the fries are piled in there. Because of the perforations on the bottom and sides it allows all of the air to flow through it so believe it or not, even piled in they all do get crispy. I usually give the a little toss about halfway through the cooking time - which is about half of what it would take in a regular oven as well. The difference in outcome is night and day - these are never soggy, always crispy and 2 minute preheat. We have a large wire rack in our kitchen We store larger appliances on we don't use often, slow cooker. wok, etc - originally the air fryer started out there but we use it so often it has earned its spot on our counter definitely. We barely touch our microwave at all now - almost everything reheats better in the air fryer. I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you give it a try!

I still am debating over getting the larger one just so I can cook whole chickens and several steaks or a large piece of fish like she is demonstrating. I have a family of 4 so I think it would be better for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ctinaw wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

We have the Masterbuilt portable smoker, the Ronco Rotisserie, the Masterbuilt turkey fryer...all of which are kept in the basement until we use them for particular meals.

I can tell you as someone who has tried to cook things like fries in an oven and also owns this brand of air fryer (the smaller size) that it doesn't matter if the fries are piled in there. Because of the perforations on the bottom and sides it allows all of the air to flow through it so believe it or not, even piled in they all do get crispy. I usually give the a little toss about halfway through the cooking time - which is about half of what it would take in a regular oven as well. The difference in outcome is night and day - these are never soggy, always crispy and 2 minute preheat. We have a large wire rack in our kitchen We store larger appliances on we don't use often, slow cooker. wok, etc - originally the air fryer started out there but we use it so often it has earned its spot on our counter definitely. We barely touch our microwave at all now - almost everything reheats better in the air fryer. I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you give it a try!

I still am debating over getting the larger one just so I can cook whole chickens and several steaks or a large piece of fish like she is demonstrating. I have a family of 4 so I think it would be better for me.

@ctinaw  We don't have room in our kitchen for large sturdy shelves that would hold such large appliances. If we did, I might consider the air fryer. There are some appliances I have bought over the years I just wound up only using once or twice and that was it...like a slow cooker and a food processer. The latest is now is probably going to be the turkey fryer we got last year.

Our microwave is 32 yrs old...a large Kenmore I got a couple of yrs after I moved into my 1st apt...and it's still going strong. I can't give it up til it dies. I have found nothing compareable to it anywhere. I really love it...works wonderful and we use it several times a day.

Lately I have been doing research to find a possible replacement option for when the day will come and I can't find anything close to Ole' Bessy...in cubic ft, that it doesn't have a turntable, the height/width/depth...there is just nothing on the market now that even comes close to what we have with this old microwave. Too bad Sears broke this mold.

We just got our portable smoker...DH will be trying it out for the 1st time next weekend. If all works well with it, we expect to actually get rid of the turkey fryer and use the smoker instead at least once a week.

The turkey fryer works great, but we found that for us, in our small home, tryingto find a way to clean it was a royal pain. Then the issue of having to get the oil all the time and keep track of usage (# of times) and storage of the oil. OF coarse, those who have bigger homes, this is not an issue.

Storing wood chips or pellets for a smoker is so much easier...live and learn Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone needs to muzzle Albany.   Please let Meredith speak!   She is the authority on this product!  

I love my my air fryer btw!   Mainly because I learned everything from meredith!   

She is the best teacher!   

Thank you Meredith.  

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

You make a good point.   I live alone, I'm about to retire & I'm keeping myself on a tight budget.   I keep my  power bill low by NOT using my dryer (I hang out my clothing) and not using my stove/oven (or as little as possible)   So I am trying to acquire a few small appliances that would work well for me.

If I get this air fryer, I won't make fries or cheese sticks in it.    I would use it to make protein mainly, I need as much protein as I can get due to health issues I have.   I'm familiar with convection cooking, it does a great job on roasts & chickens.    Cooks fully without being dry.

I have the Ronco rotisserie, I love it!   Dittos for the Vitamix.    I have an old TV entertainment center in my dining room for all my small appliances.    It's narrow & tall and perfectly sized for the appliances.

If I decide to buy, I'm going to try to find the manufacturer's warranty to confirm.    Not buying if it's less than a year.

@Susan Louise wrote:

We have the Masterbuilt portable smoker, the Ronco Rotisserie, the Butterball indoor turkey fryer...all of which are kept in the basement until we use them for particular meals.

Honored Contributor

Who wants to wait to receive the item to "look at the paperwork"?

The description states "60-day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty"

Not sure I want to gamble on that, just to have to send it back.

Or lose money when it dies on Day 61

@Sherbear1 wrote:

I have the cooks essentials old tsv and the interior of the basket was chipping and in the paperwork there is a number to cooks essentials so I called them and they said qvc warranty was 60 days then cooks essentials was a year and the sent me a new basket free. Look at your paperwork.

Honored Contributor

If you ordered the Farberware air fryer, it's smaller than today's TSV

But Farberware is very reliable & Walmart is good about returns.

@Jeannie29 wrote:

I just ordered one from Walmart for $79, free shipping and a two year warranty

Honored Contributor

I just did a search for Nuwave.    There are 2 "fryers" available.   The Nuwave Pro with the big glass lid, same price as TSV.    Better warranty.    The air fryer is the smaller one, same price.    1 year warranty.     Both $99, both on 6 easy pays today

Just saying.

Respected Contributor
I was seriously considering it but after looking around online, many have a better warranty even if the cost is higher. Anyway, with holiday shopping coming think I will wait awhile. Have to say the turkey breast looked really good.