Respected Contributor

I made sweet potatoes in Emeril's air fryer yesterday and they turned out awesome. So soft and tender. I got a bag at Aldi's for $1.49 with about 8 sweet potatoes in it. I made 4 in the air fryer. I just washed the skins, cut the ends off, cut in half (not lengthwise) and spritzed on a little olive oil. I cooked them for 15 minutes and turned them over to cook another 15 minutes.  (*See below for temps). They were perfect and the skins peeled off easily. Today I made another Cornish Game Hen and had roasted carrots with it. Yummy. My Shih-Tzu hovers around when I cook the Cornish Game Hen. I will have my left over sweet potatoes for my supper. I have no problem eating these now and slowly adding things back to my diet. Just being to have food is great but I am 7 pounds lighter.

I feel better and have my check-up next Tuesday. I will start making my cheesecake in my Perfect Cooker next week. My grandson and new wife have been here from England (he's in the Air Force and hasn't been home for 1 1/2 years) almost two weeks and I will see them Sunday. I wasn't up to company as my throat and chest was still sore from my surgery. Getting back to par now. Can't wait to get to my Nano Gym exercising after my check-up clearance. Get ready Gokat!

*Try the sweet pototoes. I forgot I made them on 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then 350 degrees the other 15 minutes. I always Preheat my air fryer 3 minutes before using. Smiley Happy Hello Clem, mtc, Gokat, Borntoshop and Mothertrucker.

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes

sounds good think I'll do some in my Nu Wave

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 I am so glad to hear that you are much better and are up to eating real food again.  It must really be aweful to have to go through problems associated with the intestinal track. .  I have only once had a stomach ulcer and that was enough for me.

I haven't been using my air fryer for a couple of days, but just finished making two batches of roasted tomatoes from Meredith's cookbook.  Cut them in half, scraped out the seeds, tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried thyme, and air fried them for 15 minutes.  Came out just fine.  I'll keep them in the refrigerator to add to a sandwhich or a salad.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SharkE  When you say you are making something in the Nu Wave?  What does that mean?  I know that there are a number of Nu Wave items on the market, but don't know which one you have.

Respected Contributor

Sounds good Clem. I will have to get some tomatoes and try them. So glad to be eating real food. I just hope this stent in my pancreas doesn't come out and works like it is intended. Smiley Happy 

Sharke I bet the NuWave would work too. May have to adjust the time. They may take even less time. My oldest son just bought one and got one free. Probably got his on their site and paid too much as I see QVC has a deal right now also on them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I made sweet potatoes in Emeril's air fryer yesterday and they turned out awesome. So soft and tender. I got a bag at Aldi's for $1.49 with about 8 sweet potatoes in it. I made 4 in the air fryer. I just washed the skins, cut the ends off, cut in half (not lengthwise) and spritzed on a little olive oil. I cooked them for 15 minutes and turned them over to cook another 15 minutes.  (*See below for temps). They were perfect and the skins peeled off easily. Today I made another Cornish Game Hen and had roasted carrots with it. Yummy. My Shih-Tzu hovers around when I cook the Cornish Game Hen. I will have my left over sweet potatoes for my supper. I have no problem eating these now and slowly adding things back to my diet. Just being to have food is great but I am 7 pounds lighter.

I feel better and have my check-up next Tuesday. I will start making my cheesecake in my Perfect Cooker next week. My grandson and new wife have been here from England (he's in the Air Force and hasn't been home for 1 1/2 years) almost two weeks and I will see them Sunday. I wasn't up to company as my throat and chest was still sore from my surgery. Getting back to par now. Can't wait to get to my Nano Gym exercising after my check-up clearance. Get ready Gokat!

*Try the sweet pototoes. I forgot I made them on 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then 350 degrees the other 15 minutes. I always Preheat my air fryer 3 minutes before using. Smiley Happy Hello Clem, mtc, Gokat, Borntoshop and Mothertrucker.

@MKR14 thank you for the heads up about those sweet potatoes at Aldi and also your cooking method.  I will have to try these very soon!

I am glad you are feeling better and better each day and what a treat it will be to see your grandson and his new wife.  I am so glad you are on the mend so you will better enjoy your visit.

You made me laugh about your shih tzu hanging around the air fryer.  When I had my Chloe she could be snoring away in her bed but the moment the timer went off on my toaster oven she would start sniffing the air and if it met with her approval she would drag her sleepy body over to have a sample . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe Chloe sounds so much like Precious. We will be lost when she is no longer with us. Your Chloe is adorable. 

Thanks for the well wishes as they are appreciated. No sickness in 2017 is my new motto. Smiley Happy

You will love the sweet potatoes and Aldi's are better than other stores around us. What great deals they have!  Let us know how yours come out. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@momtochloe Chloe sounds so much like Precious. We will be lost when she is no longer with us. Your Chloe is adorable. 

Thanks for the well wishes as they are appreciated. No sickness in 2017 is my new motto. Smiley Happy

You will love the sweet potatoes and Aldi's are better than other stores around us. What great deals they have!  Let us know how yours come out. Enjoy!

Awww @MKR14 please give Precious a big hug and kiss from me my friend!  Heart

Actually your post has inspired me . . . I dug out a huge pork chop I had in the freezer for tomorrow which is now marinating overnight so I am going to zoom over to Aldi's and snag a bag of those sweet potatoes . . . thank you again for the suggestion!

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladies, your speaking so lovingly of your pets, makes me homesick for my baby Violet.  She is a cat and is currently in the hospital.  She had a tooth extracted today and is now recovering.  I have opted to leave her there until Monday so they can take care of her.   Hope this is it for another year.  I posted a picture over on the Pancake thread a while ago and I will see if I can find it.  She tends to get constipated, so I have been giving her pumpkin, but she doesn't want it anymore.   Got 2 lbs of carrots and will roast some and mash them up before she comes home.  Perhaps she will like them.  Thanks for suggesting them.

Violet's glamor pose photo 100_0117_00.jpg

Something uninstalled itself from my computer and I can no longer go to photobucket and get a smaller picture.  Also can not see a lot of things like the button to heart someone and a lot of other things.  I have been told that I need a new computer but just can't do it yet.

Hugs to all your fur babies.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM I had a cat just like Violet that I named Precious years ago. She passed away hiding to have her litter of kittens in the fall one year. We never found her until winter and she was stuck behind a shed inside door and was gone. I was so broken hearted and Violet made me smile of my memories of her. Thanks for posting. Smiley Happy. Hope Violet likes her roasted carrots.