Honored Contributor

Re: Advice please on best way to store these.

So, it seems like the consensus is that they need to be refrigerated.  I would've thought so, too. Interestingly, the bag does not say anything about storage after opening.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I usually vacuum seal foods we won't eat right away. Put them in portion sizes.  That way you don't anything and enjoy them all without spoilage or waste.

Honored Contributor

I would freeze them.  I would use those little snack storage bags you can buy so that they are in smaller sizes and use those.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

We bake a lot and purchase many dried fruits. Once we open the package we reseal it then just put it in an air tight plastic container. We have never refrigerated our dried fruits. They last very well in the air tight container. No mold or staleness. The ones we use more frequently, apricots and blueberries, we just reseal then place in a zip lock bag. Works well also.

Honored Contributor

I would put them in a lock n lock and store them in my pantry. 

Respected Contributor

Moisture is needed for mold to grow. That is the purpose of drying fruit to preserve it. As long as it is sealed in an airtight container and not exposed to humidity, dried fruit is stable for a long time.