Occasional Contributor

About Kansas City Steak Company

I'm posting this merely to help out like minded consumers who are interested in their diets and health etc.  Like nearly everyone, I enjoy having some "easy" already prepared meals and sides, but very few pass my personal "health test"....low sodium, no MSG, no chemical additives, organic if possible and no gmo's.  Not much out there meets my requirements, but a few things do. The term " natural flavors" means there can be MSG in the product, it's just a legal term to basically hide the actual ingredient(s) .....sneeky? Yes.  Why do natural foods need added coloring agents?  The list goes on, but you understand what I'm saying. It's all down to what any person chooses is acceptable to consume for themselves and their families.

I'd asked what the ingredients were in the potatoes au gratin and creamed spinach combo by this company and received (what I felt was) a rather snarky answer (to which I posted a response, not sure if it will be posted or allowed).  So I did go to their website and hunted down just the potatoes dish, I did a screenshot of the ingredients list so interested consumers can see what's in them and make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the product.  My pet peeve is, not a lot of detailed ingredients lists are provided for the foods on here......I'd just love qvc to become a pioneer in selling organic, whole food products.....yes, it's my dream.

Ok, here's the screen shot.  Peace to all. 💜

Screenshot_20200123-193039.png

Respected Contributor

Re: About Kansas City Steak Company

I'm not shocked.  In order for items to not spoil when being shipped and prepared in advance in the large quantities that they sell, they have to include items that we wouldn't consider "fresh and healthy".  Otherwise, food items would arrive moldy or not visually appealing.

Unless they are advertising it as "clean food", and organic, I am not shocked or upset.  It's up to the consumer to make the choice in what they are interested in purchasing or buying. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Recently I placed 2 orders to Omaha Steak Co.  I'm sure their potatoes and a couple of other items are  not very healthy, but I  don't order that often.  (Hadn't ordered in 2 years or more.)  Just felt I needed some items that were already wrapped for the freezer and frozen and I will cook them in my air fryer which will be an easy dinner to just add fresh vegetables that I cook.   Also, I only eat half the potato at dinner.   Guess I'm saying this to mention that some of these items even though they are not healthy are convenient and as long as it isn't our only type food we eat every day should not be that much of a problem.  We do need convenience once in a while.

Respected Contributor

Even if your goal is to eat clean, be wary, read the labels, even simple items like raw chicken breasts at the grocery frequently aren't just chicken.  It is hard to find these without added salt.  

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of ordering food from TV for the very reasons OP stated---and the cost is an issue too--I have really good places to shop at that provide the same types of food  at much better prices, not frozen, and excellent quality. Also lots of people to ask questions of----