Respected Contributor

? About CE 1.5 pint ice cream maker?

I just made Chocolate Gelato, how long do I have to wait before making another batch. I didn't see any thing about waiting between batches. TIA😊😊😊

Honored Contributor

Re: ? About CE 1.5 pint ice cream maker?

I watched the presentations and they said you can make another batch right away...no waiting required.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much, got another batch of gelato making this morning. 😊 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, if you have the time, you can make up any ice cream/sherbet/etc. recipe out there and just keep making little batches till you use the mixture up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YUM!!! What's your addy? I will be right over. LOL!!! I bought the machine but have not made the Gelato yet. It takes a little extra work. When I make it I will make enough for 2-3 batches & make them one after another.

Did you try your Gelato yet? How is it? What recipe did you use? I don't remember seeing a plain chocolate Gelato in the recipe booklet?

So far I have made the creamsicle yogurt, strawberry yogurt, chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream & Butter Pecan ice cream which we both liked the best. Making several batches of that this weekend.

Honored Contributor

Made 4 batches of the Butter Pecan ice cream this weekend. Took a little over an hour for each batch.

@Barbarainnc Please share your Chocolate Gelato recipe. TIA

Respected Contributor

I will post gelato recipes in the recipe section. I made the chocolate one. It is know as Sicilian Gelato, thickened with cornstarch instead of eggs. 

Respected Contributor

RECIPES ARE POSTED IN RECIPE FORUM 😊😊😊😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbarainnc Did your Chocolate Gelato have a thicker pudding consistency when you put it in the ice cream maker?

The recipe I used tonight came out like pudding. LOL!!! You could eat it as is or put in the ice cream maker. It made 2 batches & I licked the bowl. It's so good. I will post the recipe I used over on the recipe thread. It's from ecole chocolat.

Before putting in ice cream maker.

chocolate gelato.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, can't remember, but the recipe I posted is Sooo goood. Hubby likes it. I just made the vanilla milk gelato recipe again. Will put in dark chocolate shavings in it. Can't wait. 

I will have to look at your recipe. 😊 😊 😊  Thanks for posting. 😊