Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL 2017 is here for What's Cooking

Image result for happy tuesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image result for happy tuesday images

@Preds  Love this, so off to DD it goes. Smiley Happy

You really got me with your horse story yesterday, I was moaning and groaning until I got to the last few sentences.  I was thinking all the while, what was she thinking, lol.  When DD was riding, and some of the moms did also, they told me I should ride again, and I merely said, no way, I am too decrepit. Smiley Happy lol

Honored Contributor

@Preds  I forgot to mention that one woman was in her seventies and was jumping, well, one day she had a terrible fall, was told not to ride again, had to have neck surgery, but she kept riding, but did stop jumping.  I have enough trouble staying on my feet, lol, keep tripping over things and ending up on the ground, mostly on my knees.  Many bruises on my bod.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl... The last time I was on a horse was over twenty years ago.  No way would I attempt it now.  I would like to stay in one unbroken piece for a little longer.  LOL

My great friend took me riding because I was going thru a really bad time and he was trying to cheer me up.  His horse ended up throwing him ... spooked or something ... I nearly "had the big one".  Thankfully, he got up and then I couldn't stop laughing.  He said that would be the last time he'd try to cheer me up because his body couldn't take it.  Gotta' love good friends.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@mousiegirl... The last time I was on a horse was over twenty years ago.  No way would I attempt it now.  I would like to stay in one unbroken piece for a little longer.  LOL

My great friend took me riding because I was going thru a really bad time and he was trying to cheer me up.  His horse ended up throwing him ... spooked or something ... I nearly "had the big one".  Thankfully, he got up and then I couldn't stop laughing.  He said that would be the last time he'd try to cheer me up because his body couldn't take it.  Gotta' love good friends.

@Preds  LOL, wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning friends images

Respected Contributor

Sat at Toyota yesterday the better part of three hours. Ugh. New brakes in the rear - will soon be needing front brakes and rotors - darn it - also a new battery is in my near future. Doubt if I will get the battery there - surely I can find a battery a bit less pricey than what you pay at Toyota. May even get my front brakes at the local tire and brake place here - always buy my tires there. Some things - to me at any rate - make no sense to buy at a car dealer. We shall see.

This morning I have to go and get lab work done and then an EKG. Got the phone call yesterday afternoon. I am still in shock that it takes forever to get needed medical attention these days - just drags on and on. Seems if they plan nothing. Also got an appointment at Redlands Hospital to get another bronchoscopy done there - different kind of procedure than the one I already had which did not work. Have to wait a month - Like I said, one can die waiting for medical help this day and time - just amazing to me.

Had a huge piece of cheesecake last night for dinner. My weight seems to be slipping again and I am eating - go figure.

Always enjoy your daily messages Preds.

Trusted Contributor

17798924_883737325100974_532761540472676114_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@flbettyboop wrote:

17798924_883737325100974_532761540472676114_n.jpg

@flbettyboop  LOL!  She is getting on my last nerve, sat at the computer and watched the baby move around last night, sure something would happen, but finally had to go to bed because my deriere was hurting, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Sat at Toyota yesterday the better part of three hours. Ugh. New brakes in the rear - will soon be needing front brakes and rotors - darn it - also a new battery is in my near future. Doubt if I will get the battery there - surely I can find a battery a bit less pricey than what you pay at Toyota. May even get my front brakes at the local tire and brake place here - always buy my tires there. Some things - to me at any rate - make no sense to buy at a car dealer. We shall see.

This morning I have to go and get lab work done and then an EKG. Got the phone call yesterday afternoon. I am still in shock that it takes forever to get needed medical attention these days - just drags on and on. Seems if they plan nothing. Also got an appointment at Redlands Hospital to get another bronchoscopy done there - different kind of procedure than the one I already had which did not work. Have to wait a month - Like I said, one can die waiting for medical help this day and time - just amazing to me.

Had a huge piece of cheesecake last night for dinner. My weight seems to be slipping again and I am eating - go figure.

Always enjoy your daily messages Preds.

@Winifred  I agree re car dealers and medical attention.  I hope your procedure goes well. Smiley Happy  I will be making my famous lemon cheesecake for Easter, then will have to starve for a week, lol.  Ham with baked pineapple rings, yams, snow peas, cornbread, and cheesecake.  Might make deviled eggs as DH loves those.

Will you have an Easter egg hunt for the kiddies?  Dying eggs, hiding them, and watching DD hunt for them in the garden was so much fun, and we could always count on finding some throughout the year in the garden that were missed. Smiley Happy  After the hunt, DD would come into the house and find a basket of goodies that the Easter Bunny had left.

I can still remember the first piece of candy she ever ate, it was a tiny chocolate Easter egg when she was five, and her body quivered at the taste, LOL, so funny.  From then on, she was/is a chocoholic.Smiley Happy