Respected Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

On 10/22/2014 Sharke said:

I love the cooking shows why I'm in this group.

I got the masterbuilt turkey fryer, the XL, from Walmart back the last of Aug. so I could beat the rush when people decided they wanted one too closer to the holidays.

I'm not gonna keep on buying peanut oil though. I can't taste that much difference from canola and it's 3 times cheaper.

Mine is the 14lb size, but, it fits better with a 10-12lb turkey which is fine for us. He says an hr. but gonna let mine go the next time to hr. and a half.

All in all I like it have a whole turkey done in hr. and a half. good for donating food to the church and can get up and make a fresh turkey the same day.

Couldn't agree more on the peanut oil.

Deep fried turkeys are so good, and if you have a crowd you can have a second one cooked in no time. If you actually have your oil hot and the turkey room temp very little grease is absorbed. I generally deep fry one and smoke a turkey breast.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

On 10/22/2014 violann said: Had a terrible loss in March and didn't want the holiday season to come. Just in the last couple days, by TGofG, I've had a tiny turkey-cranberry spark in my heart that I NEVER thought I'd feel this year. I wanna SHARE IT, so Happy Thanksgiving to anyone wishing, as I was, that the whole thing would just roll past and let me sleep. BRING IT, the WHOLE thing! Can't wait to set the table and test the bird for doneness. Blessings to EVERYONE!

What an uplifting post! Blessings to you, violann, and wishing you a wonderful holiday season.

Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 lucymo said:
On 10/22/2014 violann said: Had a terrible loss in March and didn't want the holiday season to come. Just in the last couple days, by TGofG, I've had a tiny turkey-cranberry spark in my heart that I NEVER thought I'd feel this year. I wanna SHARE IT, so Happy Thanksgiving to anyone wishing, as I was, that the whole thing would just roll past and let me sleep. BRING IT, the WHOLE thing! Can't wait to set the table and test the bird for doneness. Blessings to EVERYONE!

What an uplifting post! Blessings to you, violann, and wishing you a wonderful holiday season.

I agree. Thanks, both of you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you and I can relate. I had a loss in March.... was not in mood but had JCP rewards to spend before they expired!... We can always find someone that has had much more to deal with. I now desire to focus on Christ Birthday and share to help others have a better holiday but I also try to help others all during the year. I am Blessed and pray for Blessings for everyone!
Honored Contributor

Their programming from now til the end of the year will be a turkey.

Honored Contributor

I agree about watching someone selling, selling over and over that fryer. That's what it is a fryer.

Ugh, I find it funny how they'll be selling something then I leave a room and the next thing I know some guy is pulling out a friend turkey!

Why can't they mix it up more? I'm sooooo tired of seeing whatever the TSV is over and over during the day. OK, so I would think if you were interested, you'd see it by evening. Or even if you don't you might want to look it up.

I don't really care, I don't know why I'm getting so worked up on this. There are too many other things to watch other than someone taking out a turkey from frying.

My brother-in-law is from Louisiana. He was frying turkeys on Thanksgiving when most people never heard of it. Evidently, it is something that's been done there for a long time.

Personally, I don't care for turkey. Even as a kid when everyone was eating turkey I was eating vegetables. I love Filet Mignon, any kind of beef but not turkey.

Trusted Contributor

Most people cannot have QVC on all day. They go about their lives, tune in occasionally, so QVC must have multiple showings.

Why get so worked up over, and apparently live your life around, a shopping channel?

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 annabellethecat said:

I agree about watching someone selling, selling over and over that fryer. That's what it is a fryer.

Ugh, I find it funny how they'll be selling something then I leave a room and the next thing I know some guy is pulling out a friend turkey!

Why can't they mix it up more? I'm sooooo tired of seeing whatever the TSV is over and over during the day. OK, so I would think if you were interested, you'd see it by evening. Or even if you don't you might want to look it up.

I don't really care, I don't know why I'm getting so worked up on this. There are too many other things to watch other than someone taking out a turkey from frying.

My brother-in-law is from Louisiana. He was frying turkeys on Thanksgiving when most people never heard of it. Evidently, it is something that's been done there for a long time.

Personally, I don't care for turkey. Even as a kid when everyone was eating turkey I was eating vegetables. I love Filet Mignon, any kind of beef but not turkey.

all my friends are turkeys.........LOL

Frequent Contributor

Enjoy the home and cooking shows- Jill b also does a great job, however, the lovely Lolita wine glasses can be bought at a better price on Amazon( though granted, not her designs).

Frequent Contributor

Please give Merideth Lawrence her own cooking show back! She is a bona fide chef, calm and interesting,I think her talents are not being utilized well on the Q.