Trusted Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

I would love to try a deep-fried turkey sometime. I have heard if you do it right, it is not greasy. I am too afraid of all that hot oil, though! Not a fan of the ITKWD marathon shows. Also not the crab cake couple of yore. Their original product may have been good, but when the QVC demand took hold, it was not.
Super Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

On 10/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Don't let a salesman steal your joy, especially for Christ's birthday!

Amen to that! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Smile

Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 brewhaha said:

Their programming from now til the end of the year will be a turkey.

So true, good one Brewhaha!! Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/22/2014 KYToby said:

Most people cannot have QVC on all day. They go about their lives, tune in occasionally, so QVC must have multiple showings.

Why get so worked up over, and apparently live your life around, a shopping channel?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/22/2014 annabellethecat said:

I agree about watching someone selling, selling over and over that fryer. That's what it is a fryer.

Ugh, I find it funny how they'll be selling something then I leave a room and the next thing I know some guy is pulling out a friend turkey!

Why can't they mix it up more? I'm sooooo tired of seeing whatever the TSV is over and over during the day. OK, so I would think if you were interested, you'd see it by evening. Or even if you don't you might want to look it up.

I don't really care, I don't know why I'm getting so worked up on this. There are too many other things to watch other than someone taking out a turkey from frying.

My brother-in-law is from Louisiana. He was frying turkeys on Thanksgiving when most people never heard of it. Evidently, it is something that's been done there for a long time.

Personally, I don't care for turkey. Even as a kid when everyone was eating turkey I was eating vegetables. I love Filet Mignon, any kind of beef but not turkey.

QVC is not meant to be watched all day long. When they schedule their programming, they assume that different people will tune in at different times throughout the day and night. That's why we see the same things over & over, and that's why we hear the same vendors' stories over and over. Every presentation is meant for a whole new audience.

Some days I'm up and out early, and not back home until 8, 9, 10 pm, or later. My first viewing of a TSV might be the first presentation at midnight or it might not be until 11 pm that night. And there are lots of people like me. And others who only watch in the early evening. Or mid-day. Or whatever. And many people are home all day and not watching QVC every minute.

Yes, some people do watch QVC all day long. But QVC is in the business of selling, not catering to people who watch nothing else. They're not going to have something demonstrated once or twice and then just forget about it. The fact that people become bored is not as much a concern to them as making sales. And that's as it should be.

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 10/22/2014 KYToby said:

Most people cannot have QVC on all day. They go about their lives, tune in occasionally, so QVC must have multiple showings.

Why get so worked up over, and apparently live your life around, a shopping channel?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Believe me I don't ! You assume a lot. But it's the only channel most want on during the night shift, and I'm usually stuck with it. I'm nice enough and busy enough to defer to the majority instead of pulling rank and insist on having things my way . QVC doesn't impress me at all. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Valued Contributor

On 10/23/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 10/22/2014 annabellethecat said:

I agree about watching someone selling, selling over and over that fryer. That's what it is a fryer.

Ugh, I find it funny how they'll be selling something then I leave a room and the next thing I know some guy is pulling out a friend turkey!

Why can't they mix it up more? I'm sooooo tired of seeing whatever the TSV is over and over during the day. OK, so I would think if you were interested, you'd see it by evening. Or even if you don't you might want to look it up.

I don't really care, I don't know why I'm getting so worked up on this. There are too many other things to watch other than someone taking out a turkey from frying.

My brother-in-law is from Louisiana. He was frying turkeys on Thanksgiving when most people never heard of it. Evidently, it is something that's been done there for a long time.

Personally, I don't care for turkey. Even as a kid when everyone was eating turkey I was eating vegetables. I love Filet Mignon, any kind of beef but not turkey.

QVC is not meant to be watched all day long. When they schedule their programming, they assume that different people will tune in at different times throughout the day and night. That's why we see the same things over & over, and that's why we hear the same vendors' stories over and over. Every presentation is meant for a whole new audience.

Some days I'm up and out early, and not back home until 8, 9, 10 pm, or later. My first viewing of a TSV might be the first presentation at midnight or it might not be until 11 pm that night. And there are lots of people like me. And others who only watch in the early evening. Or mid-day. Or whatever. And many people are home all day and not watching QVC every minute.

Yes, some people do watch QVC all day long. But QVC is in the business of selling, not catering to people who watch nothing else. They're not going to have something demonstrated once or twice and then just forget about it. The fact that people become bored is not as much a concern to them as making sales. And that's as it should be.

ITA!!

Esteemed Contributor