Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried the Sushi rolls from ALDI?  The new ad that starts This Wednesday has it listed and they have Philadelphia Roll which is one of my favs.  I am a NewJersey transplant living in California.  Congrats Eagles winning the SuperBowl!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I just finished eating the Aldi sushi roll.  I enjoyed it. Very fresh, comes with ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. I ate four of the eight rolls. Will buy again.  

Trusted Contributor

@Dawnie - Was the Aldi sushi you ate sold frozen.  If it was, when thawed was it mushy?  The sushi in this weeks Aldi ad says frozen.  

Regular Contributor

Aldi's sushi was the first item from said establishment that I would never purchase again. Although "fresh", the rice was hard and far too chewy. Overall it had a pleasant flavor but the rice, being the foundation, was not up to par.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds horrible -- makes me nauseous just to think about it. Like gas station tacos...BLECH

Respected Contributor

I'll have to check my Aldi's. 

I have my doubts about frozen.  I enjoy it from our Wegman's where they are actually preparing it fresh to order.

I have to admit though, Aldi's has come a long way since they started out.  Good for them!