Esteemed Contributor

AIR FRYER ---Which brand and what size????? ....

I have been looking at these air fryers for a few years now. There are two of us. I want one that I can do everything from chicken to fries. My problem is that I have very limited counter space. I like the idea of the digital presets. I think I may have misssed the best values alread for this year but.... Are they easy to clean.? Any help you can give would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance for your time.

Respected Contributor

Re: AIR FRYER ---Which brand and what size????? ....

I have just purchased the Cuisinart toaster/convection/air fryer. I had a large air fryer which I seldom used because it was too large to keep on the counter and was a pain to pull out of the cupboard. I just replaced my old countertop toaster oven with this new unit. So far I am happy with it. The major caveat is that it cooks very hot and I have to reduce the recommended heat from 25-50 degrees. The air fry basket is not huge but it is just right for two people.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K0W8LTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Esteemed Contributor

Go big or go home!!!

Even if you are cooking for one you need space.

My purchase was the NuWave because you can see what's going on, surface face, footprint and no preheat.

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Go big or go home!!!

Even if you are cooking for one you need space.

My purchase was the NuWave because you can see what's going on, surface face, footprint and no preheat.

Have you noticed any chipping or peeling of the coating on the basket?  It seems to be a problem with that brand according to reviews.  I have a friend that's got one and she doesn't have any problem with hers that she's noticed.

Honored Contributor

I'm cooking for one and recently got the Dash air fryer.  It doesn't take up any more counter space than my Keurig mini.  It's perfect for me.  I've done chicken breast, chicken tenders, french fries, etc.  I didn't want any of the bells and whistles.  Saw no need for them.  I just set the time and temp, which is all I ever need to do.  I have a chart nearby which shows time and temps for most items.  Perfect for one.

Esteemed Contributor

Imho, we all have limited counter space - it's like closets, you never have enoughWoman LOL,

I got the DeLongi Multifry Multicooker - long name for an airfryerWoman Wink.  It works great.  Just wish they had more recipes.  Read the reviews here - very good - that's what sold me!

Honored Contributor

rRe: AIR FRYER ---Which brand and what size????? ....

I have a Phillips Turbostar fryer....expensive..about $200.

I like it because it cooks great and most items are really good.  I even make hard boiled eggs in there.

What I don't like about it is the size.... too small for the two of us.  I prefer to put more than one food item in at a time....say, chicken, then add potatoes.  There is not a lot of room in there and it takes too long to cook when not enough space between the food. The one I have is 20% smaller than the original Phillips.

I also wish it would turn off when I open the drawer.  It runs until the timer has run out.  I have to pull the plug to turn off the heat and blower if I set the timer for too long and the food is done.

If I had to replace the one I have, I'd get a bigger capacity one with an on/off switch.

I'd also want included, the extra pans and racks.

I agree to get one bigger than you think you will need.  When you overfill it. ( easy to do with large items like chicken or French fries ) it takes too long to cook and you have to shake and turn the food often. When there is room around the food, you just turn on and forget it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received the new Paula Deen 8.5 Air Fryer & this is an awesome machine!  I gave my Emeril 3.4 Air Fryer to a friend that I have enjoyed for DH & I.  My most favorite part is the ceramic coating that is a breeze to clean!  Fabulous extras giving me more options with this Mac Daddy. Everything I have tried so far has been delicious! I plan on putting this on a rolling kitchen caddy with another appliance I use a lot.  I can wheel it in and out of my utility room as needed.  

40174288-4ED5-42DC-B4BB-629BB883B722.jpeg

82C6738B-CB98-47BD-972F-B7A41FABA4F7.jpeg

Respected Contributor

we allso got this paula dean air fryer a couple weeks ago and we love it. if you go small you will regret it. ours is 8.5.  we cant picture using anything smaller. nothing would fit. anyone looking for recipes we ordered blue jean chefs air fryer cookbook from amazon. tons of great recipes and a guide on how to cook meats and all kinds of stuff. really helps you get use to youe air fryer. thats why maria ordered the cookbook to give us a clue on how to use it. maria makes stuffed mushrooms. in oven 45 minutes. in air fryer just 15 minutes and they came out super good. we got this af on evine regular 200 on sale for 140 and you can get it on easy pay.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Power XL 3 1/2 qt. sold on QVC by Eric.  My kitchen is small and counter space limited.  It fits under cabinet and my Keurig is angled next to it.  I just pull the air fryer out a bit when in use.  Very easy to clean.  This size is big enough since I only cook for one, but it would be okay for 2 also, I think.   I use it many days for lunch and dinner.