Honored Contributor

Re: AIR FRYER: Does Anyone Have One?

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I received the HSN Phillips Air Fryer late yesterday and we tried it out for lunch today.

Our daughter threw a party at a Mexican restaurant yesterday and brought home leftovers: mini taquitos and buritos.  Which, I might say, weren't really crisp until we used them an hour ago as our first try-out.

OMG, they were not only crisp and delicious but the dough used for the buritos layered itself, in some areas it was almost like filo.

We're all impressed, so I'm sending now for the recommended cookbook, and thank you for the recommendation!

Oh yay @Noel7, so happy to hear things went well on your trial run and may I say you made a lovely selection in terms of what to start with.  Mexican leftovers are the best out of this appliance! . . . Smiley Happy

If anyone enjoys frozen burritos, I let mine thaw overnight in the fridge and then pop it into the air fryer.  Crispy on the outside, nice and warm on the inside!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I received the HSN Phillips Air Fryer late yesterday and we tried it out for lunch today.

Our daughter threw a party at a Mexican restaurant yesterday and brought home leftovers: mini taquitos and buritos.  Which, I might say, weren't really crisp until we used them an hour ago as our first try-out.

OMG, they were not only crisp and delicious but the dough used for the buritos layered itself, in some areas it was almost like filo.

We're all impressed, so I'm sending now for the recommended cookbook, and thank you for the recommendation!

Oh yay @Noel7, so happy to hear things went well on your trial run and may I say you made a lovely selection in terms of what to start with.  Mexican leftovers are the best out of this appliance! . . . Smiley Happy

If anyone enjoys frozen burritos, I let mine thaw overnight in the fridge and then pop it into the air fryer.  Crispy on the outside, nice and warm on the inside!

@momtochloe

Thank you for the tip! 

Wow,  you all think of everything  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

My TSV airfryer was delivered on Friday; however I haven't used it yet.  We'll probably use it today for the first time.  One thing I noticed from the cookbook was that it didn't give you an idea of how long to cook prepared frozen items like breaded chicken fingers and french fries.  Can anyone give me some info on how to cook those items opposed to recipes you're making from scratch?  Usually on the bag, the instructions are for oven heating.  Would I use those same times and temperatures?

Honored Contributor

@patticakes wrote:

My TSV airfryer was delivered on Friday; however I haven't used it yet.  We'll probably use it today for the first time.  One thing I noticed from the cookbook was that it didn't give you an idea of how long to cook prepared frozen items like breaded chicken fingers and french fries.  Can anyone give me some info on how to cook those items opposed to recipes you're making from scratch?  Usually on the bag, the instructions are for oven heating.  Would I use those same times and temperatures?

@patticakes cooking chicken fingers and fries in these air fryers are pretty easy but you have to watch them the first couple of times that you try so you can gauge when they are ready based on the amount of product you are frying.

Depending on the amount of product you place in the basket, I would think 10-12 minutes at 400 is a good start.  I only make a handful of anything at a time so mine cooks rather quickly and please remember to shake the basket at least once so the product cooks evenly.

As a rule, for thinner things like fries and chicken fingers I fry everything at 400 but for thicker things (steaks/chops/burgers) I may dial it down a bit so the outside doesn't get too cooked and the inside still may need a few minutes.

New Contributor

I too am not pleased with the results of homemade French fries but am very happy with using the frozen steak fries...no oil added.

New Contributor

A couple of things...I bought my Phillips from BBB...paid a little more but was able to use a 20% off coupon which made it cheaper than online prices. They had to order it as I wanted the digital version but it was shipped directly to me and I paid no shipping charges...I had it within 5 days. I also thought it would be easier to return to BBB if I hated it.

I also ordered the grill pan and the non-stick basket with lid...I love both of them. Cleanup is a breeze with the nonstick basket compared to the standard basket that came with the machine. The grill pan is my favorite for chicken, fish,  burgers, etc. I even toast my burger buns in the air fryer. Cleanup is a breeze as the basket and the bottom can go right into the dishwasher or I can wash quickly by hand.

One of the main reasons I wanted this machine was to eliminate heat from my Texas kitchen during our hot summers...we will see but so far so good.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ordered the Q TSV air fryer yesterday. Kept going back and forth on it. However, the other night I attempted to make sweet potato fries in my oven - and though they were delicious - they had the texture of a firm/baked potato rather than fries when they were done lol! That is what sealed the deal. I went right to the website and ordered it while I was still thinking about it. I like that the Q version is digital and also include the rack for a lower price than the philips version - not to mention the fun color choices. It was tough choosing between the turq and green.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Texan516

I got the Philips, also, and we're all thrilled with it!  After reading the reviews on the variety basket which you have, I ordered that, also.  It's coming today.

I noticed you also have the grill pan, that gets rave reviews, also.  Can you tell me if the airfryer is hard to clean after cooking a steak or other meat on the grill pan?  I'm wondering about splatter.

Honored Contributor

We made spring rolls in the airfryer yesterday.  Delicious inside but I didn't like the spring roll wrappers we got, they were too thick.  They crisped up nicely, though.

Does anyone have a recommendation for what brand to get next time?

Honored Contributor

Grill pan:

Product Details

Variety basket:

Product Details