Honored Contributor

A trick with your square Lock & Locks

I dug out two seldom used square Lock & Locks for something this week. After being put into the dishwasher, one lid did not want to snap, so I gave up in frustration and pitched it into the trash. I washed the second one days later, same problem. On a hunch, I gave the lid a quarter turn. No luck, I kept rotating until I hit the fourth side and it magically went on easily. I keep these stored with lids and these two must have gotten used to the way they were stored. Most of my daily use Lock & Locks are round bowels, so this issue doesn't come up.

Honored Contributor

Re: A trick with your square Lock & Locks

I found that if I rotated the container I could make the lid fit....not sure why the lid does not go on in any location...but I do love my lock and locks!

Honored Contributor

Some of my round bowls are like that. It's weird, because it doesn't make sense, but I always find a 'way' for the seal to go on.

Bummer you threw that one away. Smiley Happy Figures I would fixate on that, eh? hehe

Super Contributor

I just had the same problem with my egg container this morning; it had been clean and empty in the fridge for two days waiting for eggs. I've never had the problem before, but did just change the lid placement and all was well again.

Contributor

Sometimes you have to make sure the silicone seal is 'seated' in the grove also.

Honored Contributor

I only have L&L containers. Got rid of all of my other containers years ago. I've never had a problem getting my square container lids on. Yes, you have to make sure the lid is directly over the seal but once you do that, your in. Love my L&L's!

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

On 1/23/2014 ID2 said:

... Yes, you have to make sure the lid is directly over the seal but once you do that, your in. ...

Not true. Many of mine will not close and I know about the seal full well. I never though of turning it to try another side, though. Good tip! What I've done in the past is to put the difficult tab on first by holding that lid almost perpendicular (on edge) and sneaking that tab under the edge of the container. Then, fold it over and snap the rest (hopefully no problem with the other three!) - Bird