Honored Contributor

A question for those who have bought OLD World Temptations recently

I must say I'm quite disappointed in my recent purchase (1st in long time).  I bought the soup mugs in Old World "confetti".  I have many pieces of confetti and the background color is WHITE.

Today, I noticed the mugs are greyish background or something with brown tinge certainly not white.

I threw away the box and opened another piece still in box of mini casserole dishes and they're the same😡🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Has anyone bought recent pieces and noticed the dark background?  I really like the pieces but may send them back as defective if others have found the same. (such a shame no QC from temptations or QVC)

Thank you for your feedback.

Respected Contributor

Re: A question for those who have bought OLD World Temptations recently

I’ve been collecting OW Spice for nearly 10 years. There are variations is the color and shading but for me they adds to the appeal.
Honored Contributor

Its hard to understand why people keep buying Temptations when there is so much nicely made dinnerware on the market.  Many of the designs look like they're done by kindergartners and the quality must be deplorable from the reports we see from users.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry for your experience.  I've been buying the line since 2009, and unfortunately, in that time frame, the color I have purchased (and/or its background) has varied a lot.  Sometimes, I have sent items back because the color is so off from most of my pieces.   My most recent purchase was okay.  I'm sorry another poster on this thread had to belittle the line, when your post even singles out asking advice from those who have BOUGHT the product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Many of us have had great luck with many pieces.  Your comments are unwarranted and may apply to you (kindergartners, etc)

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its hard to understand why people keep buying Temptations when there is so much nicely made dinnerware on the market.  Many of the designs look like they're done by kindergartners and the quality must be deplorable from the reports we see from users.

No need to be harsh to other posters -- I only asked opinions of those who buy Temptations for my comparison purposes.

homedecor1

Visitor

Yes, the quality is disgusting.  I bought a set, not realizing it was made in China.  One large piece exploded in oven and the rest of the set has grazing all over.  I threw the whole set out.
Not only should the product be boycotted for safety reasons, but for humanitarian reasons, also.

Honored Contributor

I was fortunate to find a sealed box of original Old World Temptations in blue at an auction.  I could tell it was old because of the inclusion of ceramic lids and the wire holders.  The quality of the pieces is excellent and I use it in the oven all the time.  But with the negative comments on this board I will not be buying more.  QVC, please do something to get this line back to original quality.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What's not to understand?  If they like it why shouldn't they purchase it?  Plenty of people are satisified with the products and enjoy them.