Respected Contributor

I know people who don't drink coffee but like the smell.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Frequent Contributor

Re: A lot of coffee these days smells REALLY bad!

Sooner, it's not just you;  to me some coffee has the scent of cat pee!

Now, I love cats AND coffee but I agree with you that there is an off note in some brands of coffee and I don't know what it is.  Espresso roasts don't have it.  I always buy the decent arabica beans in regular roasts but still notice it in quite a few blends.  Maybe we just have sensitive noses.  We could charge big bucks for our talents.

Honored Contributor

@coldlake wrote:

Now, I love cats AND coffee but I agree with you that there is an off note in some brands of coffee and I don't know what it is.  Espresso roasts don't have it.  I always buy the decent arabica beans in regular roasts but still notice it in quite a few blends.  Maybe we just have sensitive noses.  We could charge big bucks for our talents.

Yes, that is exactly what some of it smells like!  Ha ha!  My husband buys really good coffee too, whole bean almost always.  Come to think of it, I haven't noticed that as much lately, but it was expensive good coffee that sometimes smelled like a cat had gotten into the house!

Maybe we should be in the perfume business!  LOL!!!  They do pay people for their noses!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love the smell of coffee but Starbucks makes one type that smells like stinky feet to me.

Respected Contributor

I just hate the smell of coffee. It's even worse for me if I don't feel great or have a headache. Then the smell makes me want to throw up.....yuck!
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@coldlake wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what some of it smells like!  Ha ha!  My husband buys really good coffee too, whole bean almost always.  Come to think of it, I haven't noticed that as much lately, but it was expensive good coffee that sometimes smelled like a cat had gotten into the house!

Maybe we should be in the perfume business!  LOL!!!  They do pay people for their noses!

Omgoodness.  I am so glad I am not crazy.  When I make my morning cup of coffee, I sometimes drink it in my bedroom.  If I leave for a moment and come back, it smells like cat pee.  Then I am sniffing around in case my kitties did something but no.   Then I think it is the coffee but I forget about it until it happens again.  I wonder why that is.  It isn't exactly cheap coffee.  Now I am just disturbed. 

Honored Contributor

I think you should try a different brand of coffee.  I love the smell of coffee brewing but don't like coffee breath.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

It's all blasphemous I tell you!

lol

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I haven't smelled that in a while, but we never did figure out which brand it was or if it was just certain batches.  Illy never smells that way, but I have to find it on S A L E!  Ha ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

We had Starbucks coffee over the holiday and it was terrible and burnt tasting like wood. I received a gift card from a friend and we used it to get coffee but I doubt we will ever go back.

But that's the way Starbucks ALWAYS tasted to me! Burnt, charred and dirty!

Feh.  

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett