Honored Contributor

A kinder gentler Robert Irvine?

I had gotten away from Restaurant Impossible a few years ago because it seemed like he was too hard on some of these people, just plain mean, in fact.  So I got really bored one day and binge watched 5 recent episodes.  I'm glad I did, he seems to have mellowed.  He now considers the psychology of helping these people as well as the nuts and bolts of restaurant decor and cooking memorable meals.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: A kinder gentler Robert Irvine?

Good to hear. I stopped watching for the same reason you cited.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass  I have noticed the same thing with this new and improved show.  I also think that the restaurant owners are also much more civilized than before.  I know that the show is scripted, at least to an extent to draw interest, but some of the the owners were just awful.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I honestly thought he was fine but I was comparing him to Ramsey. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I honestly thought he was fine but I was comparing him to Ramsey. 

@GenXmuse me to.  Ramsay was a nasty, mean, miserable man when he did Kitchen Nightmares.

Honored Contributor

I never watched the show until recently and I just think he is a sweetie!  Like a big gruff, but lovable teddy bear! He was on another cooking show for awhile --- can't rembmer what it was --- maybe it was Worst Cooks??  He was great on there too! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin