Honored Contributor

A kinder gentler Robert Irvine?

I had gotten away from Restaurant Impossible a few years ago because it seemed like he was too hard on some of these people, just plain mean, in fact.  So I got really bored one day and binge watched 5 recent episodes.  I'm glad I did, he seems to have mellowed.  He now considers the psychology of helping these people as well as the nuts and bolts of restaurant decor and cooking memorable meals.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: A kinder gentler Robert Irvine?

Good to hear. I stopped watching for the same reason you cited.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass  I have noticed the same thing with this new and improved show.  I also think that the restaurant owners are also much more civilized than before.  I know that the show is scripted, at least to an extent to draw interest, but some of the the owners were just awful.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I honestly thought he was fine but I was comparing him to Ramsey. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I honestly thought he was fine but I was comparing him to Ramsey. 

@GenXmuse me to.  Ramsay was a nasty, mean, miserable man when he did Kitchen Nightmares.

Honored Contributor

I never watched the show until recently and I just think he is a sweetie!  Like a big gruff, but lovable teddy bear! He was on another cooking show for awhile --- can't rembmer what it was --- maybe it was Worst Cooks??  He was great on there too! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin