Respected Contributor

A graduation gift? Dont think so

[ Edited ]

Im watching Q2 ...Now You're Cooking Show.

Nope, sorry, the blend jet is a great product but a graduation gift...it is not a graduation present by any means or good intention. Sorry Melissa Epps, I adore ya but that is a stretch of a suggestion LOLOL

When I graduated high school in 1983 (before household computers) for graduation my mom gave me a used typewriter.. I dont think I ever used it and let a friend borrow it and never got it back, and I didn't care. We weren't rich but not dirt poor either. It was hard because I went to catholic school and some friends got cars or trips to Europe. I knew I'd never ever get that but a used typewriter was not what I imagined either. Such an ungrateful kid I know.

What did you get?

Respected Contributor

Re: A graduation gift? Dont think so

Nothing.

Trusted Contributor

A diploma. 

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

A watch.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ   a watch and tuition for my first college semester.   That was fine with me.  Cars and trips were unusual in our town and impossible in our family.  I was happy just to know I could matriculate in the fall and hoped that as had been usual, I'd get some new clothes as my September birthday present.  I

Honored Contributor

My parents paid for most of my college, that was the gift that kept on giving. I worked for extras, but I had no loans hanging over my head.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  I got an Olympia manual typrwriter, and I used it throughout my college  years. We gave our kids money.

Honored Contributor

Assuming it's a good product, I see no reason why it would be a bad graduation gift from someone like a friend of the family.  An on the go smoothie maker sounds like a thoughtful gift for a kid going off to college.  

I have seen some reviews that indicate it might not be a good product.  

Respected Contributor

A job!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Fortunately, no one I knew got a car or trip to Europe for high school graduation.  So, it wasn't hard for me.