Honored Contributor

A funny story about my baking…cooking

[ Edited ]

Awhile ago @ECBG posed the question about last time you baked.

I haven't baked in quite awhile 1)just too hot and 2) no one to eat or give it to

Today our lawn crew was here the foreman always stops at my house to see if there are any issues in the Community (I'm President of our Association).

BUT today he reminded me it's Fall and you know what that means ....your delicious brownies and cookies!  I laughed because who would have thought they enjoy them this much!

During the summer I always have a cooler with water & gatorade for them and in the cooler months I bake them brownies, cupcakes or some treat OR treat them to lunch every couple of weeks.  

Then, I had a Board meeting today and first thing the attendees asked "did you bring any brownies" it's Fall.

I know I'll be baking for sure next week🙂🙂🙂🙂 which I will enjoy doing,  I assume for Thanksgiving week I'll make them their favorite tray of lasagna, meatballs and sausage with garlic bread for lunch..  There are 12 of them and single guys everyone needs a good home cooked meal!

Both warmed my 💓 and guess I'll be baking again soon! I enjoy giving to others

Honored Contributor

Re: A funny story about my baking…cooking

@homedecor1 - How great that so many people look forward to your goodies! And I think it's wonderful that you so willingly share them with others to put a smile on their faces and give them something to look forward to. Even though you're busy you take time to do this 

We talked about this on another forum. I believe if you can do something to make someone happy, you have made this world a better place!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Cooking for appreciative folks is one of life's great joys !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

You gave me such a smile with your post! I'm glad you enjoy cooking and gifting those around you.

I don't particurarly enjoy cooking, but I do enjoy making big trays for several people at Christmas because I know they can't.

Respected Contributor

What a great Association President. They're lucky to have you taking on these chores and responsibilities, while being a good ambassador for the community at the same time.

I've a feeling that those you've worked with are as fond of you as they are of the treats. Deservedly so. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 What a lovely thing to do.  Such a great post....made me smile.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

sometimes the ones that bake and cook may not think it is a big deal

for those that couldnt or doesnt do it well...

a delicious baked treat or home cooked meal is something to behold

obviously many in ur life have enjoyed and nudge u - just in case you missed FALL is upon us -

doing something kind for others who expressed thankfullness is ❤️

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Awhile ago @ECBG posed the question about last time you baked.

I haven't baked in quite awhile 1)just too hot and 2) no one to eat or give it to

Today our lawn crew was here the foreman always stops at my house to see if there are any issues in the Community (I'm President of our Association).

BUT today he reminded me it's Fall and you know what that means ....your delicious brownies and cookies!  I laughed because who would have thought they enjoy them this much!

During the summer I always have a cooler with water & gatorade for them and in the cooler months I bake them brownies, cupcakes or some treat OR treat them to lunch every couple of weeks.  

Then, I had a Board meeting today and first thing the attendees asked "did you bring any brownies" it's Fall.

I know I'll be baking for sure next week🙂🙂🙂🙂 which I will enjoy doing,  I assume for Thanksgiving week I'll make them their favorite tray of lasagna, meatballs and sausage with garlic bread for lunch..  There are 12 of them and single guys everyone needs a good home cooked meal!

Both warmed my 💓 and guess I'll be baking again soon! I enjoy giving to others

Nice to know they appreciate your cooking and baking.  How nice of you.

Valued Contributor

You're such a sweet person. You're an inspiration to me because I'm ashamed to say I've only been feeding the birds & squirrels.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

Thanks for sharing this story! It's wonderful to be appreciated and to know that you made so many someones happy!  We never know how much our gestures of kindness mean to others 💞.

~ house cat ~