Contributor

A Question About Temp-Tations Fluted Tube Cake Pan:)

If you own this cake pan can you tell me if you spray the pan with oil and flour before you bake the cake.....What works best for you? TIA

Contributor

Re: A Question About Temp-Tations Fluted Tube Cake Pan:)

Anyone? if I post this in Beauty Banter I will get yelled at.......

Frequent Contributor

I don't have this pan but I do have other Temptation bakers. If I make a cake in my 9 x 13 pan, I always use Baker's Joy. If I'm making a casserole, I always lightly grease the dish. So I would suggest using Baker's Joy or something similar as a precaution. I never have a problem when I do this.

Honored Contributor

This particular forum has very little participation, and slow response time! I do own one of these pans (a couple actually, I need a 12 step program), and I always spray or grease the pan. I do this with all TT when baking. Although they are quick on air to say "no added fats, oils etc. needed" it really isn't true for most baking. I tend to just use butter to grease the pans, but lots of folks here and on Facebook use spray, and they seem to think Bakers Joy is the best. Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

I have this pan and always use Bakers Joy. No matter what Tara says, I find that the cake will stick and I am not about the take the risk of a ruined cake. I use Bakers Joy in all her cookware, nothing ever sticks that way and my cakes/muffins come out perfectly.

Contributor

So Bakers Joy it is...great thanks so much ladiesSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I to have this pan and use Bakers Joy.
Not applicable

I have this pan and I always use spray. Everything always comes out great. I lightly spray all my Temp-tations...