Honored Contributor

Re: A Easy Job But I Hate It

I dislike all household chores.  There was never anything except decorating that I liked, and that's not a "chore".  I used to rub the antiques lovingly with lemon oil all day, every Saturday.  One day I just said, "Darn it!  I teach all week and a mom when I get home!  On Saturdays I'm going shopping and out to lunch with a friend! 

I found a lady who cleans houses and had that done every other week.  We do the baths, kitchen, light dusting, and DH vaccums on odd weeks.  It's been a life saver when I cook nonstop during the holidays for a week.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I (like many people) wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.

Partly because I live alone and only have to wash the dishes maybe once a week.

@Annabellethecat66 

I hate washing dishes, since I choose to home cook almost every day.  I have lots of dirty dishes, glassware, and silverware each day.

I consider hand washing dirty dishes, glassware, and silverware a tremendous waste of water, precious time. and a needless redundant process before placing them in my dishwasher.

Also modern and technological advanced dishwashers can sanitize your dishes, program when to start, and much more complete cleaning dishware, glassware, and silverware, that no amount of hand washing can accomplish.   An automatic dishwasher allows me to go about to do other things or to relax.

You cannot bring back time that is wasted.  Life can be short.  Make the best of it.   Smiley Very Happy

Hung

Respected Contributor

We have 1st Wednesday of the month senior day (which I am) we get 10% off except alcohol & prescriptions and wow it's a zoo but I love it. This is a huge grocery store also sells clothes & housewares. I don't go down every isle, I do try to stock up on that week & buying it & putting it away is a day, I have purchased the totes QVC offered on special value that are insulated is a huge help. can put all frozen food & fridge products in 1 huge tote which is less trips bringing in the groceries. DH will eat leftovers next day but that's it unless I freeze it & vacum seal it for a fast dinner yes qvc with vacum sealer too.Love that thing. Go to costco but not much for the food got some clothes & household things but walking around it is good excerise. We (retired) go out for lunch about 3 times a week so I really don't cook as much only on weekends. Our lifestyle has changed so much & just the 2 of us. I do miss cooking sometimes with huge roasts. 

Respected Contributor

I grew up without a dishwasher & somehow it was my job, Mom cooked I washed dishes my 1st house no dishwasher oh I made sure any house after that had one. I am so happy to have it & don't mind letting them air dry & put them away. Got a Bosch after many others & love it. Read about washing by hand uses more water. I do wash by hand pots, pans & knives. I am so happy to have a dishwasher even just to keep the dirty dishes out of the sink. It takes me about 3 days now to fill it up. No problem putting the clean dishes away.

Honored Contributor

I don't think about it that way.  It's just stuff you do.  Doesn't matter if you like or don't like it really.

I don't mind cooking and it is so much better for us than eating out.  I figure loading and unloading is a good way to get some bends and stretches in.  I count it as exercise.  And I love my dishes and glasses and flatware, so it's nice to admire them. 

Respected Contributor

Very lucky to even have a dishwasher. I enjoy it and yes it among everything is everyday life, things we don't like but we need to do. We are lucky to have all these things, fridge with ice & water out of the door, I drink more water. Microwaves are wonderful & grocery stores have convience foods if we chose it is up to us what we want or not. We can chose go out stay home for food, we control what we want & have choices

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD went to Wegmans today and came with home with a load of groceries. I hate puttting them away. No idea why it's not like I'm digging a ditch. Is there a simple kitchen task you hate doing for no reason?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I actually don't mind that part of food shopping.  The parts of this I hate are checking them out and lugging them from the car to the house!  Once they are in the house, I enjoy putting them away.  For some reason it is very satisfying to me.  I go once weekly for my large food order and so once this is done, I feel like --- well, I am suppled for the week and the cupboards are full!  I, of course, might need to get a few stray things during the week.

I hate dusting of any kind!!!  It is to me terribly tedious!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Ugh.  Unloading the dishwasher.  So simple but boy do I loathe it!

Trusted Contributor

@HoliBerry wrote:

Just going down to the supermarket lately is totally exhausting.

The store is always so crowded, trying to get in & out of the aisles looking for products.

And then getting to the register & having to pack the groceries, not all of them but, some.

I find it very tiring going to the supermarket. When you get home you sort of just want to sit on the couch & cry - it's that tiring - Oh well, got to eat !!!

Does anyone else feel the same way ? 

I used to love grocery shopping.  I don't hate it now but boy, manners?  Where did they go? 

Love when I'm trying to find something and somebody stands right in front of me and just stays there with their carraige like I'm non-existent.  Or, on a weekend or busy night after work the family of 5 is all there- screaming kids and all. Why do you drag your family to an already overcrowded market????

I like winter but can't wait until my garden is growing so I don't have to go anymore.  Get my protiens at the local butcher and veg from the garden- Yay!

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom pre-washed the dishes too. I mean full sink of hot soapy water,  rinsed in hot water and then in the dishwasher. Why, I have no idea. If someone didn't finish their plate I scrape the food off and only rinse if it's something sticky, otherwise in the machine it goes.

I to detest dusting.  I don't know how we get so much dust.