Super Contributor

Re: A Dessert You Would Love To Have

@ECBG  Rice pudding, I make it once in a while.

Honored Contributor

Key Lime Pie. -  in Key West!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Fresh berries with a dollop of coconut yogurt....  I'm another @Trinity11 who doesn't eat pies, cookies, cakes.

@phoenixbrd LOL!!!  I just had that an hour ago, but with home made plain yogurt!  It was good!  Raspberries and blueberries!  

Honored Contributor

My great aunt's red velvet cake.

Back in the day, most everything was made from scratch.

Yum 😋😋

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   It was about an hour ago that I was enjoying my coconut yogurt with fresh blueberries and a couple of walnuts on top!  Love that you are making your own yogurt...so much better!😉

Valued Contributor

I love the old fashion cobblers with fresh fruit, blackberry, blueberry, peach....my mother and grandmother made them and also made a special warm sauce to poor over top of them....so delicious,  

Honored Contributor

A couple of things which come to mind that my darling mother used to make.  One was her very large, plump cinnamon rolls!  Another one was something she called plum pandetti (sp).  I wish I had her receipes for both of these things - so delicious!  Oh, and now that I think about it -- she also made these little apple pan pies in the skillet.  I am starting to drool right about now, so I have to stop thinking about them!  Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Grandma's fresh peach pie right off her peach trees and her crust made from lard.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There used to be a small farm stand the next town over, right next to a small filling station, both same name, "Gator Gas" "Gator Creek Farm." Sadly, I believe it was sold about 6 years ago, and they closed the farm stand. To this day we are still mourning it, because at this small, po-dunk farm stand, were the BEST pies in our entire state. Made fresh, warm when you bought them, everyday. The absolute best, flaky, toasty, buttery crusts, and best insides...fruits of the farm, cherry, blueberry/peach, strawberry rhubarb, apple. 😋

You could get them all summer and  all the way until you could "special order" for Thanksgiving. 

I live near several other bigger, more commercial farm stores, "known" for their pies, but none come close to Gator Creek.

I'm guessing whoever made those scrumptious pies is either retired or no longer around, or else I suspect they might have popped up and been sold somewhere else local after the station was sold.

RIP Gator Creek....I still crave those delicious, fresh, warm, yummy pies.

I'm not a big dessert eater, but I love fruit pies best. 🥧💗

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love a warm pecan roll, lots of nuts, butter and sauce.  I might have it once a year.  I also like cherry/apple crisp!