Honored Contributor

A Dessert You Would Love To Have

What is a dessert you would love to have?

My grandmother used to make a wonderful caramel cake.

Homemade yellow cake, homemade caramel icing

I work too much, but I would love to have one!

Honored Contributor

Re: A Dessert You Would Love To Have

Bread pudding with warm bourbon-pecan praline sauce.

Honored Contributor

My grandma made what she called graham cracker pie. It had a graham cracker crust, but the filling was creamy and home made ( no pudding mix ) . Sadly she is gone and I wasn't able to find that recipe. Grandma wasn't much of a cook, but she baked like an angel, and I wood love a piece of that pie. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Given a choice, I will always take Tiramisu, with Sticky Toffee Pudding running a close second. 😋

Trusted Contributor

My favorite is lemon -- anything. Lemon cake or lemon merigue pie.  I also really love white cake with butter cream frosting.  YUMMMYYYY

Honored Contributor

Fresh strawberries or blueberries in season. I don't eat cakes, pies or pastries. 

Respected Contributor

My grandfather became a cook in the Army during WW1..,when I was a little girl, he would get up  very early on some Sunday mornings and make the best cake ever. No recipe, he just knew how to do it...it was a very moist yellow cake and he would frost it in a white sugar-icing....the icing would crack when you cut into it....I ate it in little pieces first, then you ate the cake. I so wish I had the recipe, but I know it was never written down.

Honored Contributor

For me desserts are seasonal, so I don't think I can choose just one. I can however say that none of my favorite desserts are chocolate. Some people find that weird. 

Honored Contributor

Lemon meringue pie.

Honored Contributor

Fresh berries with a dollop of coconut yogurt....  I'm another @Trinity11 who doesn't eat pies, cookies, cakes.