Respected Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

I have this CrockPot and really like it. I prefer to use it for chicken thighs -- makes it easy to lay them out without overlap for even cooking. It is a bit more troublesome to store but luckily I have room for it. I haven't had any issues with uneven temperatures and it's easy to clean.

I have some recipes for lasagnas and casseroles I'm going to try -- this shape is perfect for those things.

Well, now what do I do? Lol Your experience is different from Sooner's. I would love to hear how the casseroles turn out.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Why not wait A couple of weeks when every big box store starts selling electric roasters for holiday cooking? They are in many price points, starting at $40 ( I have several sizes including 2 Nescos; they always do the job and clean up easily).

I don't need anything as big as a roaster. This particular model of crock pot is still being made, but I think it's getting ready to be retired...don't think it will be going on sale anytime, but i am doing my research now in case I decide to get it. I was thinking about purchasing it for recipes made in a 9x13 to take to holiday and church dinners. 

Honored Contributor

I will post again as my first response was poofed.  I think that it is a very large appliance for 3.5 qt.  It would not work for me because of the small capacity.

This post is basically the same as the one that was poofed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)