Respected Contributor

Does anyone who owns or knows about the product know whether it slices 'very' thin on the thin slice setting? There are some recipes such as potato au gratin that I have trouble slicing as thin as I would like. I am weighing whether to purchase or not. My last Hamilton Beach food processor lasted just beyond the warranty {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}. Also, can you slice a fairly medium sized veggie without paring it down?

Honored Contributor

I have an 11 cup Cuisinart that slices very thin. Don't know what you mean by paring down---like a piece of fruit or veg that is too big for the top? Yes I have to pare down some things to fit.

My Cuisinart is the classic model and I bought it at Macys on sale for $99 with free shipping a couple years ago. My first Cuisinart cost over $200 and I had it for well over 20 years. FYI

Super Contributor

I too have a cuisinart- a 14 cup and sometimes I do have to pare down food- it does slice very thin if I want- I think if you are spending money on a new food processor, you would want at LEAST an 11 cup- 9 is really very small-

You DO need room in there to "process"..My Cuisinart is at least 16 years old- never had a prob-

Also, for potato gratin, you cant beat a mandoline for the perfect slice...

Honored Contributor

I have an 11 cup KA and yes, you do have to cut the potato in half to get it in there sometimes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

to wagirl - "Decrease gradually or bit by bit"

"Also, for potato gratin, you cant beat a mandoline for the perfect slice "... I have bought some of the cheaper ones and they do not stay sharp long and the quality ss are pretty expensive ,or at least I want to channel my $ s into something that does it for me at the moment. I have seen chefs on cooking shows use them and I believe you are right about the beautiful job accomplished with them.

I watched the presentation a couple of xs for the 9 c KA food processor ,measured my space, & read reviews and decided it would work for me {#emotions_dlg.unsure}. Probably? I ordered majestic yellow. I have been pleased with other KA products --so heres hoping.

Thanks to all for your help.

Honored Contributor

okay---yes, I figured out what paring down meant----had a duh moment{#emotions_dlg.blink}---glad you got what you wanted. The kitchen aid colors are so gorgeous. I would do all the citrus colors if I had to replace everything. Wouldn't that be fun!!!