Honored Contributor

If you like chicken pot pie and aren't a big cook, make the Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pie I haven't made it for years, but when my kids were little they loved it and would ask for it often. You can use a Costco chicken or leftovers.  I's faster than take-out

A411A24C-BDD3-4D97-8CFB-6DDE78938B0E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Speaking of  high calorie counts for pot pies......

Check out the nutrition numbers on little individual-sized  boxes of various Marie Callender pot pies.   Frightenly high, and some effort seems to be made to make a pie seem less caloric per serving by claiming each box contains two servings.  That has to be a joke.

Have never been a fan of those pies, because they always seemed to be all-crust and very little meat or veggies..  Perhaps they have improved,.

Honored Contributor

Do any of you remember the Pepperidge Farms frozen pot pies ?  I guess they stopped making them, but for a convenience food they were delicious. I didn't worry so much about the calories then , sigh. 😟

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Re: $60 Chicken Pot Pie!

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

If you like chicken pot pie and aren't a big cook, make the Bisquick Impossible Chicken Pie I haven't made it for years, but when my kids were little they loved it and would ask for it often. You can use a Costco chicken or leftovers.  I's faster than take-out

A411A24C-BDD3-4D97-8CFB-6DDE78938B0E.jpeg

This recipe is an excellent pantry staple recipe.  I make this all the time. 

I mix all the ingredients except the topping in a separate bowl and pour it into the pie plate.  I find it easier to get it will combined that way. 

I use a large can of chicken breast, drained and add a little finely chopped onion, at least double the milk - maybe more, onion powder, garlic powder and a little poultry seasoning to the soup mix.  Then I mix up a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix instead of the Bisquick and spread it on top, sprinkle with a little shredded cheddar cheese (optional) and bake. Cover with foil if it starts to brown too much.   It's easy and delish.  

Just make sure the cornbread is completely baked in the middle.  I use a wooden skewer to check to make sure it comes back clean. 

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous. Who in their right mind would spend that much for chicken pot pie. None of the ingredients add up to such an outrageous price, nor the convenience of a ready made pie.  I bake my own, but you can purchase pies locally at any store for less. I'm sure they are just as good.

Trusted Contributor

I assume a $15-$20 shipping and handling fee is included in these orders.  I honestly don't have a problem with the Q's food pricing.  I used to buy our food from Neiman- Marcus - it never bothered me then, either.  The convenience of prepared foods outweighs the pricing for me.

Honored Contributor

This talk is making me hungry for chicken pot pie!  I'd buy a Marie Callendar's but someone mentioned it was calorrific.

Honored Contributor

Ha--I wondered if anyone was as outraged at that costly  pot pie too---I can  make prob 6 of them for that price and they would look just as nice and prob better tasting-----

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb I laughed so hard at that one.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb I'LL Settle for Banquet Brand. Those were just crazy priced, and didn't even look appetizing to me. I looked and said YUCK!!!