Respected Contributor

Re: $55.89 for a cheesecake ?!?

@patbz wrote:

@January121 :  I agree that others can do as they wish (buy, not buy Juniors).  As for me, I'll buy my cheese cakes from Costco;  they are large, yummy and less than $15

@patbz I use to buy from Sam's club for about the same price until they started selling a New York (frozen) version and my family did not like the taste. I have purchased the Junior cheesecake before and they were a little too sweet for me. I just saw an InstantPot recipe and may try making my own.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried Juniors cheesecake several years all and it was horrible. Never again. I paid $32 last weekend for a salted caramel one that was delicious. It would cost me that much to buy all the ingredients and time to make it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@January121 :  I agree that others can do as they wish (buy, not buy Juniors).  As for me, I'll buy my cheese cakes from Costco;  they are large, yummy and less than $15

@patbz  .... YES!!!! ..... I agree Costco’s cheesecake is delicious & reasonable 🥰

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I think that's about what The Cheesecake Factory charges for a whole cheesecake.

Crazy!  

Yes, go to the Cheesecake Factory.  There's are that much, but they have outstanding cheesecake.  I think they are even better than Junior's.  I don't think anyone makes cheesecake as good as Cheesecake Factory.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl @I sometimes buy Junior’s at the supermarket. I sometimes get a fresh one at Junior’s restaurant. There is no comparison. I would gladly pay more for the fresh one. 

Honored Contributor

I make Jr's regular cheesecake and by the time I buy all the ingredients it's around $35 dollars or more - need to use the best products for a really good one.  A cheap costco one can't even compare in taste and cannot be classified as a real cheese cake!!  Then when you factor in the time and cost to bake it...  I won't waste my money on a cheap mock cheesecake.

Honored Contributor

You have to remember that in addition to the cheesecake, you are paying for a foam   Cooler, dry ice and overnight delivery.

Respected Contributor

I made a New York style cheesecake in my Instant Pot. It was delicious and no cracks. The ingedients cost about $15. People are impressed when you serve something that is home made.

Respected Contributor

I don't like to bake so I'd never attempt to make a cheesecake.  That pumpkin spice from Trader Joe's sounds good.  May have to look for it next time I am there.  

Regular Contributor

You can buy a slice of cheesecake in a vending machine for $3.99. Who wants that? Quality, REAL ingredients cost $$.

Image result for picture of a slice of cheesecake in a vending machine